James Y. Smith (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback

Callahan -> James Y. Smith (5/10/2007 10:09:35 PM)

First of all your well-deserved praise: Great game and easily the best strategic ACW-game I`ve ever laid my hands on!![&o] (I know you already heard this a million times, but after a day of hard work, I don`t feel particularly creative, so please bear with me).
A little thing I noticed: There is a small question mark next to the portrait of James Y. Smith (Gov. of R.I.). If you`re not sure whether the guy on the picture is him or not, here is a page with his picture on it:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=19255268

Gil R. -> RE: James Y. Smith (5/10/2007 11:24:42 PM)

Thanks, that's great! Yes, the tiny question mark means that we don't have a picture of the governor in question, and rather than just going with a silhouette or something we went with the picture of a random politician of that era (all culled from the U.S. Congress's bios site), until such time as we'd be able to find photos or images of paintings. There are only about 10-15 of these guys for whom I couldn't find a photo. Somehow, the Smith one escaped me.

ericbabe -> RE: James Y. Smith (5/12/2007 1:00:49 AM)

Yes, thank you for the kind words and for Smith's photo.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI