When Is The Remake For CC2 Coming Out? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Panzer Elite -> When Is The Remake For CC2 Coming Out? (5/10/2007 11:13:31 PM)

Can I assume that CC2 is the next in line to get rereleased? Has work on this project been started yet and is there any word on when it might be completed?

LitFuel -> RE: When Is The Remake For CC2 Coming Out? (5/11/2007 2:49:44 AM)

If they stick with the re-releases I've seen a hint or two that it's CC5 next. I prefer CC2 but I could see why CC5 would be more of a priority since it had the most bugs, weaker AI, and many more mods available to convert.

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: When Is The Remake For CC2 Coming Out? (5/11/2007 5:47:47 AM)

Honestly, I'd just as soon see them move on to a completely new game. Yes, CC2 is my favorite in the series, but there are already plenty of mods for it. If folks are gonna take Simtek seriously, the developer has to deliver a feature-rich, updated game-engine. Such upgrades might include improved graphics, "true-zoom," for instance, or six to eight participant multiplayer. Offer us less, and I'm afraid that I'll be scrambling aboard the grinch-ship Oleg and joining its crew of skeptics.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

LitFuel -> RE: When Is The Remake For CC2 Coming Out? (5/12/2007 3:49:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

Honestly, I'd just as soon see them move on to a completely new game. Yes, CC2 is my favorite in the series, but there are already plenty of mods for it. If folks are gonna take Simtek seriously, the developer has to deliver a feature-rich, updated game-engine. Such upgrades might include improved graphics, "true-zoom," for instance, or six to eight participant multiplayer. Offer us less, and I'm afraid that I'll be scrambling aboard the grinch-ship Oleg and joining its crew of skeptics.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

I agree somewhat, but I wouldn't mind a re-release bundle of 2, 4 & 5 at a reasonable price. With no major fixes(though 5 could use some fixing) other then the scroll speed fixed. It drives me nuts. I can get them all to run on XP without problem but the scroll speed stinks, I can press control + leftmouse to slow it down but that's akward and I won't use a slow down program.

Panzer Elite -> RE: When Is The Remake For CC2 Coming Out? (5/12/2007 8:06:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

I agree somewhat, but I wouldn't mind a re-release bundle of 2, 4 & 5 at a reasonable price. With no major fixes(though 5 could use some fixing) other then the scroll speed fixed. It drives me nuts. I can get them all to run on XP without problem but the scroll speed stinks, I can press control + leftmouse to slow it down but that's akward and I won't use a slow down program.

CC2 may have lots of mods but I can't even get sound when I play and I'm only on XP. In addition to that, there's also the problem of not being able to scroll with the mouse because my machine is too fast for the game. I have to use the keypad which is a real pain in the butt.

CC2 also has terrible pathing, tanks getting stuck on buildings, and other things hardcoded into the game that mods can't fix. It's definately one of the top 2 games in the series so I would think that they would tackle this one next.

helblazer -> RE: When Is The Remake For CC2 Coming Out? (6/25/2007 6:55:32 AM)

I certainly hope that CC2 is released next.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI