Traps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS)

gwilkins -> Traps (5/11/2007 3:24:38 AM)

I am a big fan of trap plays in the live game, and I am wondering if anybody has made an attempt at creating them, I've tried but can't get the timeing down. And if they have been crerated do they give an advantage in this game?

22sec -> RE: Traps (5/11/2007 3:02:59 PM)

I've had some success. As always depends on the defensive play you are running it against. Try giving the RB a .15 delay first. Also give the pulling G a lead block command when he pulls back through the hole.

dreamtheatervt -> RE: Traps (5/12/2007 6:04:44 AM)

I'm the same way gwilkins.  To add to 21SEC, trap plays are one of the few plays you should draw individual plays for different defensive fronts.  I have a FB buck trap in the wing-T playbook I was working on that guts the defense for 3-4 yards consistantly, with a few big plays thrown in - so it can be done, it just takes practice and patience.

Marauders -> RE: Traps (5/12/2007 8:04:36 PM)

I have done some trap plays.  There are differing ways to do it.

Timing, as in the real world, is important.

I have an easier time pulling a blocker for a trap or sweep than I do just trying to have everyone block down correctly on a counter play.

gwilkins -> RE: Traps (5/13/2007 9:53:33 PM)

Thanks guys I'm starting to get a little progress, I'm working on traps for 8-man so luckily I just have to worry about 3 man fronts for now.

Deft -> RE: Traps (5/16/2007 8:44:02 PM)

I have several traps in my playbooks on FBmax.com

Releasing OL to block LBs greatly improve your running game regardless of traps.

nmleague -> RE: Traps (5/29/2007 3:47:21 AM)

With 1.5 about to be released to us beta testers Im starting to get ready to work on some new playbooks.  So far Im testing a trap play and kind of a zone blocking toss play.  The trap is working very nicely, the DT rushes into the backfield, the pulling guard hits him and the RB shots through the hole.  Its been good for about an average of 4 yards or longer vs base 34 defenses.

I will probably update all my other plays/playbooks for the new positioning system, but also plan on a few new playbooks.  If anyone has some suggestions for changes or additions let me know.

nmleague -> RE: Traps (5/29/2007 4:20:03 AM)

Below is a SS of the trap play, the read line shows the aprox. path of the RB.

[image]local://upfiles/19384/354B0C6A576940DBA2958695796411FA.jpg[/image]

Marauders -> RE: Traps (12/16/2007 8:02:12 AM)

nmleague, is that a true trap play, or is the offside guard pulling for a power block into the hole?

Did the onside guard or onside tackle release to spring the trap?  It is difficult to tell from one screenshot.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI