Crown of Glory & VISTA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support

SS_KONIG -> Crown of Glory & VISTA (5/13/2007 12:13:58 PM)

This title does not work with VISTA as i have just found to my cost. Do not purchase this game unless you have access to a system with Windows 2000/XP. I do not know if there is any intention to fix Crown of Glory to be able to work with Vista but would love to find out cheers!

[&:]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (5/13/2007 3:29:50 PM)

Note that Vista is not listed as a Supported OS for any of our titles (yet). However, the vast majority work fine in Vista.

Did you try any of the compatibility settings for COG? What was the problem you had?

ShaiHulud -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (8/9/2007 11:32:35 AM)

Eric- I, too, have a problem now that I'm using a Vista system. The game loaded, but, when I tried to update with the 1225 patch I got a message saying that the game only supports XP and a couple others. Don't know if that's at all enlightening.[:(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (8/25/2007 1:17:48 AM)

That message can be bypassed, the update should still install.

mgarnett -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (8/25/2007 10:28:25 AM)

I run the game in Windows Vista 32 bit Business Edition with no problems. Make sure you do not install the game in the prgram files directory as Vista put security on this folder and its all sub-folders by default.

I have mine installed in a c:\games\crown of glory\ folder.

I am not using any compatibilty settings.

Cheers

Mark

ShaiHulud -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (8/28/2007 8:39:23 AM)

Erik and MG- Thanks for the replies. I'll put your suggestions to work.

Ralegh -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (9/1/2007 2:46:46 AM)

BTW, I tested on the Vista beta, and play on the production version - its my normal machine. I don't think I ever got the Matrix avi to play properly, but everything else is fine.

ericbabe -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (9/1/2007 4:03:41 AM)

Hi Ralegh!

Do you play in XP compatability mode?

Shawmut -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (12/26/2007 4:52:40 AM)

I'm just entering anew with Vista Home Premium and considering taking advantage of the 25% discount on "Crown..". [:'(]
I've been interested in stepping into the earlier campaigns. (Currently playin SPWWII and TOAW - which, I have been told will run OK on Vista).
On the other hand, I could go to Tiller's Napoleonic's.
Comments, anyone?[;)]

ericbabe -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (12/26/2007 4:45:02 PM)

For what it's worth, I've been running COG on Vista now for the last few months and haven't seen any problems.  This is only one data point, however.  The caveat is: as we didn't develop and test COG on Vista machines, I can't guarantee that it runs perfectly on Vista, and although I may be able to fix any minor Vista-related issues that pop-up, we won't have the resources to fix any major Vista-related issues that players might find.  However, I can say that we haven't had anyone reporting any major problems with Vista at this point, though I don't really know whether there are many people trying to run it on Vista or not.

Also, COG does not run on 64-bit OS's, so I wouldn't expect it to work on Vista-64.  

Shawmut -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (12/26/2007 9:54:14 PM)

Thanks, Ericbabe, for your interest and courtesy. I've got the Vista-32, so it should work.
Kindest regards,[;)]

Shawmut -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (12/28/2007 4:55:59 AM)

[8D] Just got COG.  Now to get into the first steps.  Hell, it looks easier to be a pauper than a Prince.[:(] Well, the first step is always said to be the best.[8|]

ericbabe -> RE: Crown of Glory & VISTA (12/28/2007 4:09:29 PM)

Good luck!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI