E-mail Replay Feature? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

LeBlaque -> E-mail Replay Feature? (5/16/2007 9:34:33 PM)

I was finally able to start a game with the 2nd beta patch with an e-mail opponent. I don't believe this a bug, but think I might be missing something. When the e-mail turn is returned, I don't see any movement of the opposing forces, etc.-- it appears that the game just begins AFTER all forces have already moved around the board. I thought a replay feature had been implemented but is this only related to watching the QB outcomes (which I haven't had any yet)? I just don't know if I'm understanding the replay feature correctly.

Regards,

LeBlaque

Erik Rutins -> RE: E-mail Replay Feature? (5/16/2007 9:41:09 PM)

Make sure the CSA player sends the Replay save file along with the normal save file. Both the CSA and USA have to load the Replay file to watch the replay, then exit that and load the normal save to do orders. The readme should have more info on this.

LeBlaque -> RE: E-mail Replay Feature? (5/16/2007 11:35:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Make sure the CSA player sends the Replay save file along with the normal save file. Both the CSA and USA have to load the Replay file to watch the replay, then exit that and load the normal save to do orders. The readme should have more info on this.

Erik,

I get a windows box:

"Load Error-- Incompatible Save Game File or Version"

I have tried loading the game from both the PBEM and Local areas from the main screen as well as in-game and get the same error. Note the .rep files are currenlty small (40K or so) as I have not yet had any QB...

PER THE README:

PBEM Replay. In PBEM games, after the Movement Phase has been completed, a
replay file will be created in the PBEM directory with the following
nomenclature: <GAMENAME>_Replay_<TurnNumber>.<sve|rep>. The USA player may load
this file, view the replay, and then take his turn in lieu of loading his normal
turn file, if he wishes; the CSA player may view this file, but cannot take his
turn immediately after viewing this file as the USA player can. When the replay
file is loaded, the player will be prompted to choose either the USA or the CSA
as the "viewing" player -- a password check will be initiated if players have
chosen passwords. Note that the replay file is a PBEM game file, and as such
must be loaded from the "Load PBEM" option from the main-screen; attempting to
load it in-game will result in an attempt to convert the file to a single-player
game format.
Should now be able to load PBEM replays from within the game (*please test*).
Loading PBEM replay during an m-player game will fail with an error message.

Should this now go to the Beta forum?

Note the attached file is a renamed .RAR file and consquently needs to be re-named to that extension (this only load graphic files?)

ericbabe -> RE: E-mail Replay Feature? (5/17/2007 3:08:23 AM)

The replay file is not the .rep file; trying to load that will result in the error you mention.  It's a little confusing, but .rep stands for "report" not "replay".

LeBlaque -> RE: E-mail Replay Feature? (5/17/2007 5:02:21 PM)

Ummmm, I aplogize for my continued confusion, then, but if the .rep file is NOT the replay file, which one is the replay file? I only have two files per turn that are created in the PBEM folder and one is the e-mail turn. Given this, is there NO replay function whatsoever, only one created during a Quick Battle turn, or what is the deal?

Regards,

LeBlaque

Erik Rutins -> RE: E-mail Replay Feature? (5/17/2007 5:24:44 PM)

The confederate player, when he completes his PBEM turn, generates two saves. Each consists of a .sve file and a .rep file. One is named normally, the other ends in REPLAY. That's four physical files total (two .sve, two .rep). He has to send those to the Union player. Both the CSA and Union players need to load the REPLAY named .sve file in order to watch the replay.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI