RE: Lots of questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Jam_USMC -> RE: Lots of questions (5/18/2007 5:22:24 AM)

And the next:

How can I tell if one of my units has been detected? There is a lot of discussion in the manual about the Detection Level and how it goes from 0 to 10. But is that number listed somewhere, or is it one of those hidden stats only used by the computer. Is the only way to tell when one of the crosshairs flashes over the unit during the computer moves phase, or is there more to it?

Thanks for all the past responses. Looking forward to more. Informative and Entertaining.

Mynok -> RE: Lots of questions (5/18/2007 6:08:28 AM)

No, you can't discover detection levels. But you can rest assured that if you see numerous Catalinas scoping your base, that you've been well detected. [:D]

Yamato hugger -> RE: Lots of questions (5/18/2007 8:01:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jam_USMC

And the next:

How can I tell if one of my units has been detected? There is a lot of discussion in the manual about the Detection Level and how it goes from 0 to 10. But is that number listed somewhere, or is it one of those hidden stats only used by the computer. Is the only way to tell when one of the crosshairs flashes over the unit during the computer moves phase, or is there more to it?

Thanks for all the past responses. Looking forward to more. Informative and Entertaining.

On the top row of icons is one labeled "op reports". All air sightings by both sides are listed there as well as coastwatcher reports, pilot kills, ect.

m10bob -> RE: Lots of questions (5/18/2007 9:50:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

quote:

Oh, and one last question. Should I respond to the Matrix Legion of Honor gentlemen as "The Honorable" or just plain "Sir?"[;)]

You can call them "Sir", marine . . . they don't work for a living.

Don't pay attention to that fool behind the curtain!

[image]local://upfiles/7909/B4673CC0A6664F03B2D068566F1E41D0.jpg[/image]

siRkid -> RE: Lots of questions (5/18/2007 7:49:57 PM)

Have you used the Tutorail? It covers a ot of things and points out some dangers.

Jam_USMC -> RE: Lots of questions (5/19/2007 4:08:25 PM)

quote:

Gyrene.....go here:

http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm

Good stuff there. I went from not knowing what the acronym meant to thinking the term was created for use and understanding within the Witp community to actually understanding what it means. I thought I knew some things until I started hanging out here.

Jam_USMC -> RE: Lots of questions (5/19/2007 4:22:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

The best thing to do is read the "Must Read" thread by VSWG above this section as it has a lot of links to good threads that will answer most of your questions.

I'm working my way through that now. I find that the more I play the game the better I understand the advice I read. Some of it makes no sense to me until I come to that point in the game or need to perform a certain action or understand why an event occourred as it did. So I play for a while, then learn for a while. I should be up to speed soon. There are only about a half million posts on this forum after all.

rogueusmc -> RE: Lots of questions (5/19/2007 5:13:04 PM)

quote:

...I thought I knew some things until I started hanging out here.

Your feelings of inadequacy have just started...I been here 4 years...imagine how I feel...[:D]

Big B -> RE: Lots of questions (5/19/2007 5:21:47 PM)

Jam_USMC,

Speaking of catching up, if you (or anyone else) would like a good online resource to read detailed accounts of all the Pacific War Surface Actions, try this one:

http://www.microworks.net/PACIFIC/battles/index.htm

Brian

treespider -> RE: Lots of questions (5/19/2007 6:56:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

Jam_USMC,

Speaking of catching up, if you (or anyone else) would like a good online resource to read detailed accounts of all the Pacific War Surface Actions, try this one:

http://www.microworks.net/PACIFIC/battles/index.htm

Brian

Bah!!! Why read history when this GAME obviously has no relevance to history...[;)]

RevRick -> RE: Lots of questions (5/20/2007 12:15:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

quote:

Oh, and one last question. Should I respond to the Matrix Legion of Honor gentlemen as "The Honorable" or just plain "Sir?"[;)]

You can call them "Sir", marine . . . they don't work for a living.

I resemble that statement, and quit making asparagus remarks about me.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

TheElf -> RE: Lots of questions (5/20/2007 5:50:28 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

The best thing to do is read the "Must Read" thread by VSWG above this section as it has a lot of links to good threads that will answer most of your questions.

I'm working my way through that now. I find that the more I play the game the better I understand the advice I read. Some of it makes no sense to me until I come to that point in the game or need to perform a certain action or understand why an event occourred as it did. So I play for a while, then learn for a while. I should be up to speed soon. There are only about a half million posts on this forum after all.

And now you also know why Terminus has more than 20,000 posts. Or at least partially why...

ny59giants -> RE: Lots of questions (5/20/2007 11:32:03 PM)

quote:

And now you also know why Terminus has more than 20,000 posts. Or at least partially why...

when you just post a [:D] or use incomplete sentences, then your numbers go up. [sm=00000280.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI