What did I do? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

pompack -> What did I do? (5/18/2007 3:14:32 AM)

Suddenly I have no sound.

Running 1.8.0.4 and have been since it came out. Machine is HP 9000 series laptop. Sound was working fine yesterday. Today it is like the mute is on when playing the game. All four volume controls on Preferences are set at 5. The launcher makes the usual morse and torpedo sounds as the game is launched, but once the main screen comes up (I skip the intros) there is no sound; even hitting the "load a Saved Game" switch does not produce the normal "clunk!" sound. All non-WitP progams have normal sound and I can play the media player when WitPing but I get only the media music with no WitP sounds .

My assumption is I have done something dumb someplace but I can't figure out what or where.

Anybody have any ideas?

rtrapasso -> RE: What did I do? (5/18/2007 4:15:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

Running 1.8.0.4 and have been since it came out. Machine is HP 9000 series laptop. Sound was working fine yesterday. Today it is like the mute is on when playing the game. All four volume controls on Preferences are set at 5. The launcher makes the usual morse and torpedo sounds as the game is launched, but once the main screen comes up (I skip the intros) there is no sound; even hitting the "load a Saved Game" switch does not produce the normal "clunk!" sound. All non-WitP progams have normal sound and I can play the media player when WitPing but I get only the media music with no WitP sounds .

My assumption is I have done something dumb someplace but I can't figure out what or where.

Anybody have any ideas?

Same thing recently started happening to me on my desktop - but not my laptop...

pompack -> RE: What did I do? (5/18/2007 6:28:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Anybody have any ideas?

Same thing recently started happening to me on my desktop - but not my laptop...

Bob, does it come back?

rtrapasso -> RE: What did I do? (5/18/2007 1:46:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Anybody have any ideas?

Bob, does it come back?

it just started recently... i am wondering if it was something an automatic Windows upgrade did... so far it hasn't come back.

BLurking -> RE: What did I do? (5/18/2007 5:26:49 PM)

Try changing your sounds settings, exit, and restart.
See if that gives it a kick in the rear. I seem to recall having that issue with my laptop, and sound changes took a program cycle to take effect.

It's been awhile since I've changed those settings, however, so I could be wrong...

pompack -> RE: What did I do? (5/22/2007 9:57:59 PM)

I have now completely reloaded and repatched. There is still no sound although everything else seems fine.

Very strange.

rtrapasso -> RE: What did I do? (5/23/2007 12:41:46 AM)

quote:

I have now completely reloaded and repatched. There is still no sound although everything else seems fine.

Very strange.

i got my sound to work - it turns out it was a generalized problem, though (not just WITP)...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI