Ratings Display Problem (Solved) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

Godzilla Blitz3 -> Ratings Display Problem (Solved) (5/22/2007 8:59:58 AM)

I might be missing something very obvious here, but the numerical ratings for my players aren't showing up on the player cards. Also, I seem to be getting a white box in the blue ratings bars, and the boxes are identical for all players.

I searched, but couldn't find any reports of this problem.

Runnings on Windows XP, SP2

Installed 1.51, then installed CE2, then CE5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

puresimmer -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (5/22/2007 12:44:21 PM)

This usually indicates a problem with the flash player on your machine.

Try:

1. Uninstall / Reinstall Flash

or

2. Uninstall flash, reboot and then re-install PureSim (PureSim will attempt to re-install flash for you in this case)

Godzilla Blitz3 -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (5/22/2007 8:38:34 PM)

Shaun,

Thanks for the quick reply...

I uninstalled/Reinstalled Flash, but after doing that the player cards wouldn't open at all.

I tried reinstalling PureSim, but cards still won't open.

I then unistalled PureSim, and reinstalled it, but cards still won't open.

I tried creating a new association, but the cards in that association don't open either.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Flash again, but nothing changed.

I've tried rebooting during this process several times as well.

I checked to see if Flash is working in websites, etc., and Flash movies are working fine in Firefox.

Any thoughts? Is there perhaps a preference file that doesn't get overwritten on uninstallation/reinstallation?

Thanks again for your help.

Godzilla Blitz3 -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (5/22/2007 9:03:24 PM)

A bit more info:

If I completely uninstall Flash and PureSim, then check a flash-based website, I am prompted to install the Flash plug-in. If I opt not to install the plug-in, then reboot and install PureSim, I'm not getting any prompt to install Flash. After I install PureSim, then check the Flash site, I am still prompted to install Flash. If I then install Flash, the Flash website is fine, but PureSim still doesn't open the player cards.

In case it helps, the latest Flash installer I found is version 9.0.45.0.

Godzilla Blitz3 -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (5/23/2007 6:23:29 AM)

Solved!

In case anyone else has this problem, here's what worked for me:

The problem was caused because I use Firefox as a browser. When you download and install Flash with Firefox as your default browser, apparently it doesn't need some sort of Flash-related Active X Control, so it doesn't get installed. However, PureSim needs this Active X Control.

I stumbled onto a solution by downloading and installing the Flash player from within Internet Explorer. When you do that, Explorer calls and installs the needed Active X Control.

Viola! Problem solved.

sovereignstar -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (7/1/2007 1:56:16 AM)

Trying to get back into the game and I've ran into this problem. It's compounded by the fact that I'm trying to play the game on a computer without internet access. Of course, Adobe installs Flash through your browser. Any ideas or can anyone point me to a file that I can transfer (then install) to my other computer?

sovereignstar -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (7/1/2007 2:30:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

2. Uninstall flash, reboot and then re-install PureSim (PureSim will attempt to re-install flash for you in this case)

This isn't working for me either. Player cards will not open and when I double-click on a player the game crashes.

puresimmer -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (7/1/2007 3:30:23 AM)

I am 100% sure this is caused by a problem with the Flash player, so I think you'll need to get online and get the latest version to fix the issue.

sovereignstar -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (7/1/2007 4:34:00 AM)

Was having an online connection in the 'System Requirements', Shaun? ;)

Regardless, I found the right download using google. Nice navigation you have at your site, Adobe. Not!

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_active_x.msi

puresimmer -> RE: Ratings Display Problem (7/2/2007 2:25:39 PM)

Thanks for posting that link, it may help someone in the future.

Shaun

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI