Tweaking with the AI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

donnie_1974_texas -> Tweaking with the AI (5/22/2007 5:49:54 PM)

I have been playing around with the settings in acwconstants and looking at some other files as well. I have a couple of questions:

1) In acwconstants:
AIRefuseOdds - if I set this above 100, does it mean that the AI won't attack unless it feels like it has a power higher than 1:1. How does it calculate power or the ratio? It is not solely on men, is it mean, quality, disposition, and weapon, and leadership?

2) In acwconstants:
Detailed combat ML loss per turn 20
Detailed combat defender bonus 2000
Detailed combat quality bonus per difficulty level 100

Changing these three values seem to have no effect in detailed combat. EG, I thought the ML loss per turn might be related to the time limit penalty (-2 per day for the attacker) but it does not seem to be. I changed it to 10 and the attacker still lost 2 per day in will to fight. What does this change?

Defender bonus = 2000, changed to 1000, thought I would see the will to fight change from +4 to +2 or something, but did not affect it either.

Quality bonus = checked this with the "V" key in detailed combat. Quality level at First Manassas = enemy 2576 at Sergeant, 4350 at Full General, 4346 at Lt. General. What does the 100 mean or do?

I really like being able to open the data files and have a look around. Great job with this. So many programmers are loath (understandably so...) to let people look at the raw data and put their constants in a place where the users can see them. Well, you guys are the exception and I think as a philosophy - this is a very good thing as it engages the user community and allows each person to "tailor" the game to themselves a little.

donnie_1974_texas -> RE: Tweaking with the AI (5/22/2007 5:52:54 PM)

Oops, one more question.

In the attributes, etc. files you see a CS AI and US AI column in the data - generally set to 10 or something. Is that some weighting of importance to the AI on buying the attribute, building, or is simply like a 1 saying yes it can buy it. If it is a weighting I would like to adjust it some.

ericbabe -> RE: Tweaking with the AI (5/22/2007 8:28:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: donnie_1974_texas
1) In acwconstants:
AIRefuseOdds - if I set this above 100, does it mean that the AI won't attack unless it feels like it has a power higher than 1:1. How does it calculate power or the ratio? It is not solely on men, is it mean, quality, disposition, and weapon, and leadership?

It's more complicated than this, but that's the general idea.

quote:

2) In acwconstants:
Detailed combat ML loss per turn 20
Detailed combat defender bonus 2000
Detailed combat quality bonus per difficulty level 100

Changing these three values seem to have no effect in detailed combat. EG, I thought the ML loss per turn might be related to the time limit penalty (-2 per day for the attacker) but it does not seem to be. I changed it to 10 and the attacker still lost 2 per day in will to fight. What does this change?

There is no longer a morale loss per turn in detailed combat.

The defender bonus to quality should still apply -- but this does not directly affect will to fight.

The quality bonus per difficulty level should affect the quality bonus from AI difficulty. Larger values will give the AI bigger bonuses; smaller values, a smaller bonus.

ericbabe -> RE: Tweaking with the AI (5/22/2007 8:28:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: donnie_1974_texas

Oops, one more question.

In the attributes, etc. files you see a CS AI and US AI column in the data - generally set to 10 or something. Is that some weighting of importance to the AI on buying the attribute, building, or is simply like a 1 saying yes it can buy it. If it is a weighting I would like to adjust it some.

It's actually unused right now.

donnie_1974_texas -> RE: Tweaking with the AI (5/22/2007 10:06:16 PM)

Eric, Thanks for the information and the quick reply!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI