How to build a fort? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

moose1999 -> How to build a fort? (5/27/2007 12:51:38 PM)

Playing as the CSA and trying to build a fort in Lynchburg, as the Union keeps invading this province and messes up the research income from my two war-colleges there.
But I can't make the army located there build a fort. The option is not available in the engineering drop-down menu.
How does one do it? Are there any prerequisites?

Walloc -> RE: How to build a fort? (5/27/2007 1:00:18 PM)

Yup u need the resources.
Go into a city try make a fort from there to see what resources u need for different forts. Additonally. If you set an army to build said fort then during the rest of the turn.You use resources for what ever. This means come resolution phase, u dont axctually have the stockpilled resources to build the fort, so the army wont.
Best way to avoid that. Save ur resources during that turn. Wait until last to set armies to make forts. At end of turn when u army is set making a fort. Make sure ur stockpile is larger than costs of the fort. Or nothing will happen.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

netjam99 -> RE: How to build a fort? (5/27/2007 3:37:34 PM)

Perfect! I was going nuts late into the night trying to figure out how the heck to build forts with an army. Was trying the early scenerio and had been surprised many forts esp there north of Memphis were not built yet.

Thanks both for the queston and answer guys.

By the way just bought this game a few nights ago...its a complicated beast but I think I am getting a bit closer to mastering the basic skills to have fun. I did call my Brother who is a war game geek like me and told him to get it!

S!

moose1999 -> RE: How to build a fort? (5/27/2007 3:54:03 PM)

You're welcome - glad I'm not the only one getting wiser!
And thanks Walloc - once again you save the day.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI