How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

CushVA -> How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (5/30/2007 6:04:07 AM)

Just wondering, about how long does it take to play through a scenario? Are they short, or can you be playing one for a while?

Gregor_SSG -> RE: How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (5/30/2007 8:59:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cush

Just wondering, about how long does it take to play through a scenario? Are they short, or can you be playing one for a while?

Thomas Hobbes was talking about about the natural state of man, and not carrier warfare when he used the phrase 'nasty, brutish and short' but he could have been. Actual playing time depends on how quickly you run the clock, but an average scenario can be all done and dusted in 30 minutes and large scenarios, or those where people play cat and mouse games, could take an hour.

Gregor

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (5/30/2007 10:42:28 PM)

How many turns is that? (because I plan to play PBEM exclusively so "30 minutes" don't mean much to me)

e_barkmann -> RE: How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (5/31/2007 1:31:05 AM)

CAW multiplayer is TCP/IP 'realtime' - test games I've played have run typically from 30mins-1 hr, although time is really dependent on the scenario and playing style of the opponents. Me - I love to skulk around in bad weather so my games tend to be lengthier!

cheers

cdbeck -> RE: How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (5/31/2007 1:44:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

How many turns is that? (because I plan to play PBEM exclusively so "30 minutes" don't mean much to me)

Oleg, I was under the impression that multiplay was a real-time affair (it says as much in another topic on the forum). Or maybe this was tongue-in-cheek sarcasim, meant as a joke?

SoM

Gregor_SSG -> RE: How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (6/1/2007 7:05:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

CAW multiplayer is TCP/IP 'realtime' - test games I've played have run typically from 30mins-1 hr, although time is really dependent on the scenario and playing style of the opponents. Me - I love to skulk around in bad weather so my games tend to be lengthier!

cheers

Chris,

I heard a rumor that that you had all your ships sacrifice at least one 5" Dual Purpose gun mount, and replace it with cloud seeding guns firing silver iodide shells. After all, who needs AA fire if they can't find you in the first place?

Gregor

e_barkmann -> RE: How long are the scenarios? (gameplay wise) (6/1/2007 12:30:56 PM)

Gregor,

I am undone.

I will say however, it worked against Roger the other night..

[:D]

cheers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI