Where do you live? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

[Poll]

Where do you live?

Northeastern U.S. (Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire/Mass./NewYork/Conn./RI)
  6% (8)
Mid-Atlantic (New Jersey/Pennsylvania/Delaware/Maryland/WashingtonDC)
  4% (5)
Midwest (Ohio/Mich./Indiana/Illinois/Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa/Kansas)
  15% (18)
Western states not on FOF map, or Oklahoma (= Indian Territory)
  16% (19)
Virginia
  1% (2)
Southeastern states (North Carolina/South Carolina/Georgia/Florida)
  7% (9)
Deep South (Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas)
  4% (5)
Tennessee/Kentucky
  2% (3)
Missouri/Arkansas
  5% (6)
Outside of United States
  36% (43)

Total Votes : 118
(last vote on : 5/18/2009 1:12:55 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

Gil R. -> Where do you live? (5/31/2007 1:33:20 AM)

I've long been curious where most FOF players are from. My impression is that there are more southerners than northerners, but I might be wrong. Unfortunately, the poll only allows ten options, so I can't do a breakdown by state. I think my geographical breakdowns make some amount of sense.

freeboy -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 1:36:23 AM)

Wow, I never was fisrt in a pole oops is that POLL?

Gil R. -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 1:44:24 AM)

It's probably only because Walloc isn't signed on.

PaulWRoberts -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 1:49:12 AM)

I live in Pennsylvania but was born in Georgia and have lived in Alabama, Mississippi, and Michigan.  My soul is Southern but my sympathies are Northern Abolitionist.

Gil R. -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 1:52:16 AM)

Yeah, I was thinking there'd be a few transplants that would make this poll a bit inaccurate.

Walloc -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 1:59:19 AM)

I think some one made an error in this poll. Typical americans. It should be different states of USA then only other option is that country that isnt USA [:D]
ill ofc refuse to answer until that is changed!

Btw how rude Gil, havent answered any posts here today, yes yes prolly a first in a looong time.[;)]
Sigh, Even HS send me dutch pilots to look over the other day!!!
I dont speak a word of dutch.

No regards,

Rasmus

Gil R. -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:02:05 AM)

Before too long, the Dutch won't speak a word of Dutch, either. Isn't English their official language? Or is it just unofficially official?

Walloc -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:06:50 AM)

Well i think they fear what happens if they make it official. French are only a speed bumb(Belgium) away.
Dont hope Eddy read this or my free belgiese beer supply might dry up. No way of knowing what he might tell on.[;)]

Is this a poll or diss other country thread btw just to be sure?

Rasmus

Gil R. -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:14:07 AM)

I personally can't diss any countries where there are potential customers (or, at least, a large number of them). I will, however, permit myself to say, "Madagascar sucks!!!"

Walloc -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:16:33 AM)

Thot u just did that to the dutch. They've becomming more nationalistic lately. At leased thats my view on things if u look at the political situasion in last 5 years time. So it might be the truth about the language, but then some times to some the truth hurts.

Gil R. -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:20:36 AM)

I'd never knock the Dutch. I have only the most positive impressions (though their taste in strong licorice exasperates me).

Walloc -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:23:36 AM)

Lol then u havent tasted the danish version. Dutch version is mild compared too possible dk. U can in any small store get 25 different versions and tastes of licorice, out several hundres.

My ex US Girl Friend accussed me, after trying, of eating tar, which sadly isnt that far from the truth. Ammoniumchlorid, peber and salt is added to some of the worst.

netjam99 -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:24:21 AM)

I live at Sope Creek and the Chattahoochee River; where Union General Schofield threw a pontoon bridge across the Chat. River and made his crossing in the dark of the night. July 8, 1864. This caused the Confederates to withdraw into Atlanta and supposely was the reason Johnson got replaced by John B. Hood.

Oh...Thats Marietta, Georgia by the way, just North of Atlanta. [:D]

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:26:42 AM)

I'm from Central Missouri, but my previous service experience 25+ years ago, took me to 1) Chicago, Illinois, 2) Baltimore, Maryland, 3) Springfield, Massachusettes 4) Norfolk, Virginia, and 5)Charleston, South Carolina, with Charleston being my absolute favorite place other than the fireants. (They'll eat you alive, if you happen to be standing near them.) [:D] Lots of southern history in Charleston, obviously, even the mansion where the made the movie "Gone With The Wind".

michaelincolorado -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:43:30 AM)

last 8 years I live in colorado - grew up in Pennsylvania where I remember buying a US Civil War belt buckle with a bullet dent in it when I was 5 from a Civil War relics store I just drolled over as a little kid - spent two years overseas in Army back in 70s - traveled throughout lots of world with job in late 90s early 2000s. Now I just stick around home mostly and travel a bit in US with the job, garden, go to church, read, and play FoF.[:)]

wzh55 -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:45:01 AM)

I now live in California, but of course, I am still a true Virginia southerner, suh! The South will NOT rise again, it never really died.
(Some people just had really bad ideas about their neighbors; thought they could own them [sm=rolleyes.gif] ).

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 3:26:38 AM)

Southern Missouri. Southern bred. Southron till the day I'm dead. 

Twotribes -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 4:00:27 AM)

Born in Washington State, but I will never live there again. North Carolina is my home.

shenandoah -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 4:12:42 AM)

Curiously, Virginia has its own category but yet there is only one vote, so far.

Twotribes -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 4:24:19 AM)

The Southern gents are all to busy winning the Civil War to come answer this poll. )

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 4:27:29 AM)

So far the poll results show, "Them damn Yankees got us Sutherners outnumbered again" Not to worry, we have quality on our side and Rasmus, too [:D]

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 4:45:39 AM)

There's a vicious rumor circulating that Walloc (Rasmus) is actually from Madagascar! [:D]

Drex -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 5:00:59 AM)

To Wzh55:Well Sacramento is south of Chico so that makes you a true southerner.:)

jkBluesman -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 10:47:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Before too long, the Dutch won't speak a word of Dutch, either. Isn't English their official language? Or is it just unofficially official?

The Dutch very often speak German (and I am not referring to the fact that the Germans in 19th century US were called 'Durch').
Before too long however, the Netherlands might totally disappear if the oceans' level rise too high.

MilRevKo -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 11:21:56 AM)

The Dutch speak Dutch. They have had English (& German) as a second language since WW2.

rockmedic109 -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 12:45:02 PM)

Sacramento area.  Two family members {brothers} died fighting for a Texas Regiment {not sure which one}.  This is from my mom's {Vanatta} side.  For a while, their commander was {I think Division commander} was John B. Hood.  To the best of my knowledge, none of my father's family fought {they were mainly from the Wisconsin area} despite the family name being of all things.......Hood.

jkBluesman -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 2:03:44 PM)

And Hood was from Kentucky but adopted Texas as his homestate during his service at the frontier.

Mike Scholl -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 8:38:39 PM)

My Grandmother on my Mother's side has roots in the Missouri "bootheel"..., but all the rest of my ancesters immigrated here after the Civil War. They were more worried about Prussia vs. France than North vs. South..., three of them served with Von der Tann in 1870-71.

sadja -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 9:00:52 PM)

I was born in OHIO but I always have been a Copperhead at heart, something about the Constitution. Lived  mostly south fla in my youth, now live west of Paducah. Been to some of the battlegrounds and fort sites. Columbus-Belmont(Grants first battle,he lost) It was called the Gibralter of the Mississippi and had a huge chain across the river. It was made untenable after the fall of Henry and Donelson.

Gil R. -> RE: Where do you live? (5/31/2007 11:41:06 PM)

Funny. I thought Missouri would be much better represented. I guess Missourians are just the most vocal on the forum. [:D]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI