Siege Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

Twotribes -> Siege Problem (6/3/2007 4:28:50 AM)

I have a thread titles as above in the Public Beta, I submit it is a bug since the Beta is over. Someone please move the thread to this forum as no one seems to be reading it in the other.

ericbabe -> RE: Siege Problem (6/4/2007 2:02:59 AM)

Twotribes, thanks for your posts on this. I do believe I know what is causing the quirk in the rules you are seeing, so further examples and save files probably aren't necessary at this time. Changing the rules to address this quirk isn't something I can just do off the cuff, but as mentioned, changing the siege order is perhaps something we are considering.

Does anyone else have opinions on this issue?

Twotribes -> RE: Siege Problem (6/4/2007 4:40:15 AM)

Is there a way to make the "lost" city either not deduct will or allow the other side to deduct will for supposedly recapturing it? Would that be easier?

Other than that the annoyance at losing a couple brigades is minor for the Union, but could be more for the CSA.

What I mean is that if you move a brigade into the city on your turn ( because it is still your city or fort) it is possible on the next turn to lose them while not losing the city. I have the two saves to show this happening. On one turn it does not say the city was lost and the enemy is driven out, but the next turn the empty siege container captures the city or fort.

ericbabe -> RE: Siege Problem (6/4/2007 7:59:59 PM)

I'll have to look over the code more to see what changes may be possible, but something like that might work.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI