Slightly OT: Carriers at War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Crimguy -> Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/7/2007 5:17:22 PM)

Anyone on the Beta team on this? Comments on gameplay? Will it appeal to the WitP crowd (er, the cranky, ageing WitP crowd)?

greg_slith -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/8/2007 8:41:16 PM)

Well from the rare screen shots I've seen, it'll appeal to me. It will be my next purchase (or Eagle Day) if it ever comes out.

TheElf -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/8/2007 9:26:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ecwgcx

Well from the rare screen shots I've seen, it'll appeal to me. It will be my next purchase (or Eagle Day) if it ever comes out.

Where do you see screenies?

TheElf -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/8/2007 9:31:29 PM)

nevermind. Found it.

treespider -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/8/2007 11:19:12 PM)

It will probably just serve to create false hopes and desires for the WitPer[:-]

blam0 -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/8/2007 11:34:40 PM)

I downloaded it and played it a bit last night.  My biggest complaint is that there are only six scenarios, none lasting longer than 5 days!  I was really hoping for something with more depth.

What is there, is quite fun, and challenging.  I played the Eastern Solomons Scenario twice, and got spanked both times.  I need to stay away from the Jap carriers....[:(]

invernomuto -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/9/2007 12:09:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: blam0

I downloaded it and played it a bit last night. My biggest complaint is that there are only six scenarios, none lasting longer than 5 days! I was really hoping for something with more depth.

How user friendly is the scenario editor? I should get the game soon, as a WITP addicted I could play CAW while waiting for my WITP turn :D

tsimmonds -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/9/2007 2:06:23 AM)

quote:

I downloaded it and played it a bit last night.  My biggest complaint is that there are only six scenarios, none lasting longer than 5 days!  I was really hoping for something with more depth.

What is there, is quite fun, and challenging.  I played the Eastern Solomons Scenario twice, and got spanked both times.  I need to stay away from the Jap carriers....[:(]

Is it still the case that, upon launching a strike or a search, a TF is anchored to the launch hex until those a/c are recovered? I hope they revised that....

blam0 -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/9/2007 6:33:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

quote:

I downloaded it and played it a bit last night. My biggest complaint is that there are only six scenarios, none lasting longer than 5 days! I was really hoping for something with more depth.

What is there, is quite fun, and challenging. I played the Eastern Solomons Scenario twice, and got spanked both times. I need to stay away from the Jap carriers....[:(]

Is it still the case that, upon launching a strike or a search, a TF is anchored to the launch hex until those a/c are recovered? I hope they revised that....

As I recall, TFs continue on their course while strikes are out, but I will check on this.

Regarding the editor, it's there, but I'm not much of a scenario editor or modder (unless you like typos), I really have not played with it.

FAdmiral -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/9/2007 11:13:19 PM)

CAW is like SH4 in that they are both tactical war scenarios, not full-war campaigns
like WITP. You may be able to stretch a scenario out a bit using the editor and
creating the mission yourself but it will never do a full war campaign...

JIM

Helpless -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/9/2007 11:31:39 PM)

found it to be perfect filler between WITP turns [:)]

castor troy -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/10/2007 12:06:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

what? SH or CAW?

Helpless -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/10/2007 12:34:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

what? SH or CAW?

CAW :)

Apollo11 -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/10/2007 1:01:58 PM)

Hi all,

Just to make things straight... this "Carriers at War" has nothing to do with 2By3/Matrix project "Uncommon Valor/Carrier Force" that will have carrier ops in 15 minute intervals... right? [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

rockmedic109 -> RE: Slightly OT: Carriers at War (6/10/2007 2:14:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Just to make things straight... this "Carriers at War" has nothing to do with 2By3/Matrix project "Uncommon Valor/Carrier Force" that will have carrier ops in 15 minute intervals... right? [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Correct. Seems to be a rewrite of the old CAW game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI