Real-Roster Career Templates (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

KG Erwin -> Real-Roster Career Templates (6/8/2007 12:43:47 AM)

I've been considering doing a few more of these. Padres Fan has a couple of my earlier efforts (1946 & 1964), which are good places to start a real-roster career association.

I'd like to do one from earlier, but anything from the deadball era is problematic.

The restrictions are using available ballparks and making sure that enough real players exist to fill the 35-man rosters. Full minors with 50-man rosters aren't always feasible, unfortunately.

What you'd get would be the real rosters, player photos, ballparks & team logos from a given starting year. In the reserve clause era, finances would be turned off, unless specifically requested. Player affinity would be switched on, and the early draft-entry switched off. In other words, as close to the historical start point as I can manage.

I'd like to do 1920, but I don't think we have a prk file for Cleveland's League Park, do we?

You guys got any suggestions or requests?

PS Another reason for this is that I'm considering discontinuing my Golden Age Draft League, and starting a new association with the real-roster format. Start year is as yet undetermined.

KG Erwin -> RE: Real-Roster Career Templates (6/8/2007 2:17:29 AM)

Ok, an experiment: let's go back to 1923, the year that Yankee Stadium, "The House That Ruth Built", opened. Yankee fans will love this.

Template file is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tjo4uf

Now, if you wanna see proof of why Yankee Stadium got that label, just look at the Babe's player card for 1923:

[image]local://upfiles/813/749659F61ACE4201B7F37F358D314622.jpg[/image]

VanScoy -> RE: Real-Roster Career Templates (6/8/2007 4:56:03 AM)

KG Erwin,

I just wanted to post to tell you thank you for keeping these boards alive. I have noticed that your posts seem to be the ones that "spark conversation" even if it is only with yourself. That doesn't mean that people don't read them and appreciate them. THANKS!!!!

Fouts -> RE: Real-Roster Career Templates (6/8/2007 2:19:38 PM)

I want to play this season just to see the Babe in action.  I hate the Yankees, but I might manage them just to see what happens.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Real-Roster Career Templates (6/9/2007 1:50:15 AM)

I'll post this on my site today.

KG Erwin -> RE: Real-Roster Career Templates (6/9/2007 8:05:31 AM)

That's fine with me, Al. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI