Decompression error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Cmarsha -> Decompression error (6/11/2007 2:34:01 AM)

Am trying to load my new game on Windows XP and constantly have to abort. Keep getting a decompression error.
Am about ready to use my CD as a coaster. Any idea what this is??

CJMello63 -> RE: Decompression error (6/11/2007 2:54:05 AM)

Temp folder full or moved? If full you may have stuff in there dorking your install.

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp

Cmarsha -> RE: Decompression error (6/11/2007 4:44:21 AM)

Hi thanks for suggestion. I cannot for the life of me find this anywhere on my system. I used 'search' function and it cant find it. Any idea where I can go to access it?
If this helps, I was able to load and run the game on my second older computer that has windows 98 but of course it wont run worth a darn on that. So the issue is something on my system.

CJMello63 -> RE: Decompression error (6/11/2007 5:29:12 AM)

If running XP just copy and paste it in your address bar such as the one you see when you open up My Docs.

Cmarsha -> RE: Decompression error (6/12/2007 2:40:15 AM)

Thanks but I still cannot locate this. I open My Doocuments and there is a search option and when I paste this in there I get a message that it is 'not available.' The game still wont load.
I did get it onto an old computer with Windows 98 but of course that is hopeless, it freezes up on there. Its something in my system.
I am starting to think this is hopeless, too bad, it looks like it'd been a neat game, thanks anyway.

CJMello63 -> RE: Decompression error (6/12/2007 2:55:54 AM)

It is a hidden file but I thought by entering the addy you could just skip there. It was just a suggestion and it could be another reason.

[image]http://home.comcast.net/%7Ecjmello63/tempf.gif[/image]

CJMello63 -> RE: Decompression error (6/12/2007 3:14:07 AM)

The closest I came to this was with Combat Mission BtoB (getting CRC error) from a bad disk.

chief -> RE: Decompression error (6/15/2007 11:58:18 PM)

Just search for " *.*tmp " and you'll see all the temp files on ur comp (don't use the quotes though)

Good Luck

Cmarsha -> RE: Decompression error (6/16/2007 11:43:23 PM)

Chief, I think your advice worked. I found the temp files and deleted about 100 of them that were obviouisly not being used. I loaded and got the decompression message again but clicked 'ignore' and it went on. Had to keep doing this many times but it did load and looks to be ok. We'll see. Anyway in case anyone else gets this problem just push ahead anyway- I think it's a read error and won't affect the gameplay once its installed, thanks again.

dexbox -> RE: Decompression error (6/21/2007 1:53:45 AM)

this happened to me too, my friend showed me how to fix it, but i dont think it was the way you just described, if it screws up again let me knwo and i can ask him

CJMello63 -> RE: Decompression error (6/21/2007 2:36:44 AM)

Find out anyway and post here. The Temp file thing was just a suggestion.

dexbox -> RE: Decompression error (6/22/2007 2:05:31 AM)

okay i'll try to get ahold of him in the next few days

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI