missing dinput.dll? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

Pilgrim_slith -> missing dinput.dll? (6/12/2007 7:18:52 PM)

Greetings all.

I downloaded this game last evening and installed. Installation went smooth, and I patched it up to 3.8. No problems there.
However it wont start and a errorbox popped up and said that it couldnt find dinput.dll. I should reinstall and see if that would fix the problem. Well, it didnt.
I searched for the file and found a dinput.dll in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386
Is that the file in question?
If so what do I do now.
If not - what is my next move?

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: missing dinput.dll? (6/12/2007 10:14:45 PM)

First, try the solution posted here. I believe it is a common solution to the problem. Let me know if that works so I can follow up on it.

Pilgrim_slith -> RE: missing dinput.dll? (6/13/2007 4:30:52 AM)

Ok - that seemed to fix the problem. I replaced the allg42.dll file, but problem remained the same. I then kept the replaced dll. file and copied the dinput.dll from the place mentioned above. That made the game to initialise.
Thanks for the tip.

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: missing dinput.dll? (6/13/2007 4:42:23 AM)

I looked up the dinput.dll file and it's part of the DirectC from Microsoft. It should be included in any DirectX install or service packs. I'm not sure why your system can't find it but I've read that it has been used for keylogging (malware) before. My guess is that the system lost track of the dinput.dll somehow.

Thanks for your solution. If we encounter it again we will add it to our support knowledge base.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI