RE: Original CAW for Apple II? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

MarkShot -> RE: Original CAW for Apple II? (9/13/2007 1:29:50 AM)

PL/I: PROCEDURE OPTIONS(MAIN)

IBM 360!

:)

I was almost going to ask you if you attended school at CUNY (City University of New York; a system schools actually), but then I see you are in the UK. The entire New York City university system used just a couple of machines, and we had RJE rooms (Remote Job Entry card readers). There was a thick plexiglass partition separating students who would submit their deck of punch cards and pick up their output runs. Sometimes, the students could be somewhat hostile. I worked at my school's data center. So, we had a sign facing inwards that only we could read, "Please, don't feed the animals!". :) What memories!

matchwood -> RE: Original CAW for Apple II? (10/22/2007 9:54:43 PM)

Play online using your web browser!

http://www.virtualapple.org/carriersatwardisk.html

quote:

ORIGINAL: bink

Does anyone else have the original CAW for the Apple II? I still have my copy (though I have not played it in a long time), and must say that the packaging and artwork on that was superb. I miss the frills that used to come with wargames, such as the laminated maps and grease pencils that SSI supplied for its wargames, such as Computer Bismarck and Computer Ambush (great games).

BlindOldUmp -> RE: Original CAW for Apple II? (10/23/2007 8:03:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RSGodfrey
Mark

Your remark about programming on punched cards invokes memories of my experience as an undergrad in Economics only able to submit a single regression run a day. Invariably there would be a mistake in punching that required a correction.

The econometric packages today in terms of speed and analytical power are awesome!
Richard

Punched cards - ah the smell of burning words !!!!! I volunteered as a lab assistant and tutor. (I was after all a Computer Science major) That allowed me to run many more than one run per day as it did my friends [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI