Way to convert East Front Maps to West Front (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Zeitgeist -> Way to convert East Front Maps to West Front (6/13/2007 4:52:28 PM)

can it be done?

i'd like to take a map of berlin made for the eastern front game, but open it in western front, as to make a new scenario.

Regards,

Patrick

Jason Petho -> RE: Way to convert East Front Maps to West Front (6/13/2007 5:02:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeitgeist

can it be done?

i'd like to take a map of berlin made for the eastern front game, but open it in western front, as to make a new scenario.

Regards,

Patrick

No, unfortunately I do not believe there is a way to convert a East Front map to West Front.

Jason Petho

Zeitgeist -> RE: Way to convert East Front Maps to West Front (6/14/2007 12:48:28 AM)

damn thats disappointing

but i cant fault you guys, im sure that was hardcoded long ago  

Jason Petho -> RE: Way to convert East Front Maps to West Front (6/14/2007 12:53:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeitgeist

damn thats disappointing

but i cant fault you guys, im sure that was hardcoded long ago  

Many, many moons ago indeed. Would certainly make life easier if one could though!

Jason Petho

asiaticus -> RE: Way to convert East Front Maps to West Front (6/14/2007 8:34:22 AM)

If you go into your WF and EF game folders and open the map editors of both your games you can switch back and forth between the original and the new map copying the terrain hex by hex.   A little time consuming but doable.

If you can figure out the equivalent codes between EF and WF you could do it quicker with a text editor.  If you do let us all know.:^)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI