is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

warhead2 -> is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/13/2007 11:41:50 PM)

this was a mod available at the blitz that greatly improved EF

here's his readme on it;

The changes made to the engine:

* A hidden shooter addition.
Instead of automatic revealing of a shooter he is checked (using already implemented concealment formula) if he is spotted after each shot.
* A chance of opening OpFire is doubled now.
chance = 2/(1+range)

* Bunker defense value changed to be the same as in WF/RS.

* Hard targets retreat backwards.

* The concealment factor for open terrain is increased by 1 (from 0 to 1)
To make units easier to spot in open terrain (now the chance of being spotted in the open hex is increased by 10%).

* A concealment factor for all terrain types raised by 1.

* Additional spotting during an assault
During an assault all hidden units in the assaulted hex become spotted. Treat it as a 'recon by combat' result.

* The maximum limit for the modified concealment value (= 8) is removed.
In the original game each unit has at least the 10% chance of being hidden (regardless everything, e.g. a full size platoon of enemy Tigers 1 hex from your unit). Now if the modified concealment value is 9+ the unit fails the check and becomes spotted. It prevents big vehicles disappearing close to your units in an open terrain.

* A "lower att/def ratio higher punch" flaw fixed.

* Now only vehicles uses a combat terrain modifier during assaults (and only once).

Jason Petho -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/13/2007 11:48:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warhead2

this was a mod available at the blitz that greatly improved EF

No, not as of yet. We would like to include it as "Options" in the interface, and is reserved for a future update.

Jason Petho

JJKettunen -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/13/2007 11:54:17 PM)

Can it be used with this version, without any updates? 

jbunnelle -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/14/2007 12:17:15 AM)

This is by far the option I'd like to see.  It would make knocking out T-34s in 1941 incredibly challenging.  [:D]

Jason Petho -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/14/2007 12:17:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keke

Can it be used with this version, without any updates? 

I don't think it can, no.

Jason Petho

warhead2 -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/15/2007 12:13:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbunnelle

This is by far the option I'd like to see.  It would make knocking out T-34s in 1941 incredibly challenging.  [:D]

the hidden shooters and the whole better use of the concealment factors is also a huge improvement

back when I played PBEM at the blitz I exclusively used ASDN's version
and also too while solo
ASDN's a tough opponent too
I went 1-1 against him
he's some kind of engineer for boeing stationed in singapore I think

e_barkmann -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/15/2007 12:53:48 AM)

yes I played the ASDN version quite a bit and was surprised how well he had managed to reverse engineer the code.

Certainly there are a lot of good improvements in his version and it would be nice to see Matrix incorporate his better ideas into optional rules.

cheers

JJKettunen -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/15/2007 1:23:30 AM)

Frankly, it sounds so excellent it shouldn't be optional.

e_barkmann -> RE: is the excellent asdn mod included in the new game? (6/15/2007 1:26:23 AM)

the problem you face with the ASDN mod is that the CS PBEM community generally haven't adopted it as a standard (goodness knows why!), so people should be given the option.

Heck, I'd just be glad to see the armour facing retreat rule put in.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI