Question about Orphaned A/C (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

Prince of Eckmühl -> Question about Orphaned A/C (6/14/2007 2:54:49 AM)

I noticed in the rules that it states that planes must be of the same type as are based at their refuge in order to continue operations. Does this mean that an F4F-4 that's orphaned from the Enterprise can't operate out of Midway because F4F-3 are based there?

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Question about Orphaned A/C (6/14/2007 3:07:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

I noticed in the rules that it states that planes must be of the same type as are based at their refuge in order to continue operations. Does this mean that an F4F-4 that's orphaned from the Enterprise can't operate out of Midway because F4F-3 are based there?

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

They are different types in the database so the answer is probably yes, Alex can contradict me if I'm wrong. I don't think Midway is missing out on much, since even if they were tHe same type they would only be added to reserve planes and used if Midway had a surplus of pilots over operational planes.

Thanks

Gregor

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Question about Orphaned A/C (6/14/2007 3:54:48 AM)

This one had me scratching my head because the end game screens were indicating that large numbers of a/c, many F4F and SBD, had been diverted because all the allied carriers had been sunk. The entry was in white, indicating that they hadn't been lost or destroyed. However, Midway showed no sign of the orphans. Bummer.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Question about Orphaned A/C (6/14/2007 4:12:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

This one had me scratching my head because the end game screens were indicating that large numbers of a/c, many F4F and SBD, had been diverted because all the allied carriers had been sunk. The entry was in white, indicating that they hadn't been lost or destroyed. However, Midway showed no sign of the orphans. Bummer.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

The aircraft have a mximum six hex range from their original carrier in which to find an alternative base, so you have to sink close to Midway in the first place or they will splash anyway.

Gregor

alexs -> RE: Question about Orphaned A/C (6/15/2007 5:25:50 PM)

The only sign you will see of the planes that seek refuge at another base is that they may increase the number of reserves of a squadron that is already stationed at the base (if the plane types are identical). You will not be able to operate them as an individual squadron again in the same scenario.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI