Is it supposed to be this slow? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

wflarry -> Is it supposed to be this slow? (6/14/2007 4:08:31 AM)

I have not played UV in years, since I got WITP. I recently loaded UV back up on both my machines and updated to 2.5.

Has UV always run this slow? WITP flys on my C2D at home, and moves pretty well on my old 3.2c p4 at work. UV on the other hand just crawls. Every click of a button seems to cause more than a second pause before any thing happens. I have reduced all the delay settings to their minimums.

Any ideas?

LarryP -> RE: Is it supposed to be this slow? (6/14/2007 6:38:05 AM)

I loaded it up a couple weeks ago and I was amazed at how slow it ran. I also play WitP and it's much faster. UV for me IS slow. When I load a saved game it takes a loooooong time, sometimes I think it locked up but it didn't. My PC is a top end one too.

tocaff -> RE: Is it supposed to be this slow? (6/14/2007 2:17:07 PM)

I noticed that UV is loading and running much faster since I upgraded my RAM from 1 GB to 2 GBs.  Maybe you need to defrag your drive?

Lopo -> RE: Is it supposed to be this slow? (6/14/2007 4:45:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

I loaded it up a couple weeks ago and I was amazed at how slow it ran. I also play WitP and it's much faster. UV for me IS slow. When I load a saved game it takes a loooooong time, sometimes I think it locked up but it didn't. My PC is a top end one too.

LarryP

With 2 GBs RAM and a Pentium IV I can load UV and a game in 10 seconds... UV runs really fast!
As Todd has said, defrag and clean up your harddisk...

Take care

LarryP -> RE: Is it supposed to be this slow? (6/14/2007 5:38:50 PM)

Defragging is one thing I am always on top of. I keep my partitions below 2% but my gaming partition below 1% at all times. I am running a Dell XPS-600 which is a 3.6gig cpu hyperthread, 2gig memory, 2 NVIDIA 6800's in SLI configuration, 20" LCD, and 300gig hard drive. Maybe I need to reinstall it since you both say it runs fast. [&:]

LarryP -> RE: Is it supposed to be this slow? (7/15/2007 12:32:03 AM)

Update: I fixed it! In the shortcut I chose Win98 compatibility and now it flies. [:D][:D][:D]

borner -> RE: Is it supposed to be this slow? (7/15/2007 1:11:52 AM)

I have noticed that loading the first game is very slow, then much faster after that

LarryP -> RE: Is it supposed to be this slow? (7/15/2007 1:46:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borner

I have noticed that loading the first game is very slow, then much faster after that

That was the first problem I fixed with the above post.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI