German Congressional Medal of Honor? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Gray_Lensman -> German Congressional Medal of Honor? (6/14/2007 4:02:20 PM)

Decided to take a short break from FoF and installed the new patch for CS and gave it a test drive as a German Tank Battalion Commander in West Front DCG. Result was an excellent random battle near St. Vith, against French forces. I enjoyed the experience pretty much, even when I got the following quote when the scenario was over.

"Due to your unit's outstanding performance, individuals under your command have been granted the Congressional Medal of Honor"

Bug or no bug, of course, there is some humor in this, considering the current state of relations between the U.S and France... [:D]

Zeitgeist -> RE: German Congressional Medal of Honor? (6/14/2007 5:23:43 PM)

good find

whats odd though, the MoH, and its german equivalent, the Iron Cross, were not unit citations, but medals of individual merit

HansBolter -> RE: German Congressional Medal of Honor? (6/14/2007 5:37:18 PM)

I believe the German equivalent of the MoH would be the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds.

The Iron Cross is probably more closely equal to the Bronze Star.

Marc von Martial -> RE: German Congressional Medal of Honor? (6/14/2007 7:01:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I believe the German equivalent of the MoH would be the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds.

The Iron Cross is probably more closely equal to the Bronze Star.

Yep, I would say so too. Although just the regular Knight's Cross would be the thing here. The additions to it where really only for the top honchos [;)]

IC first class could be compared to the Silver Star and the IC 2nd class or War Merit Cross to the Bronze Star.

Whytfyjrd -> RE: German Congressional Medal of Honor? (6/14/2007 10:06:30 PM)

To give some credit to the CS program text editors, Gray_Lensman did quote them as saying, " ... individuals under your command have been granted the Congressional Medal of Honor." My emphasis added.

And a decent summary of the German military medal hierarchy of the Knight's Cross is at:
http://www.feldgrau.com/rk.html

It even lists the number of recipients for each "Class."

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI