Why no weather report? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

MarkShot -> Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 12:52:54 AM)

Being as how weather is a big deal in this game you would figure that you would, at least, be able to know which way a front is moving and how fast.

???

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 1:03:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShot

Being as how weather is a big deal in this game you would figure that you would, at least, be able to know which way a front is moving and how fast.

???

[X(]You can see the weather right on the screen and watch it move. Why add another report when your looking at the screen watching the weather anyhow so you can keep your TG's hidden in it? I dunno, it wouldn't make sense IMO from a design standpoint unless they were killing time[;)].

MarkShot -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 1:07:13 AM)

Simply if I wanted to maintain my cover without watching it by just setting course and speed. Seem reasonable, but then what do I know, I have only had the game a few days. :)

Actually, I was also wondering if the player should really know the weather over the entire theater if their should be some FOW - fog of weather ...

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 1:31:31 AM)

quote:

Actually, I was also wondering if the player should really know the weather over the entire theater if their should be some FOW - fog of weather ...

The satellite view is a bit of a stretch, at least in the level of detail it affords players. I shamelessly bury myself in the fattest, darkest of weather systems, seeking refuge of course. Were I made king for a day and had to determine the features fate, I'd probably rule this one a maybe.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

82nd Airborne -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 1:41:07 AM)

quote:

Simply if I wanted to maintain my cover without watching it by just setting course and speed. Seem reasonable, but then what do I know, I have only had the game a few days. :)

It seems to change directions at times so you might be more frustrated by that than anything. A few seconds watching the clouds seems to work pretty good.

quote:

with all the subs and search planes, plus coastwatchers it doesn't seem a stretch to know the weather in ones operational area, but then again that is my decidedly unscientific opinion. [sm=character0085.gif]

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 2:48:46 AM)

There are quite a few things in the game that you know when strictly speaking you shouldn't. Knowing the weather over Rabaul as the US player is a bit problematic, but then you can't benefit from knowing it, so no harm done.

So I think we've got it roughly right. You see more weather than you should but we don't make it too easy for you to stay in weather systems.

Gregor

blastpop -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 3:18:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregor_SSG

So I think we've got it roughly right. You see more weather than you should but we don't make it too easy for you to stay in weather systems.

Gregor

The modern day weatherman has problems predicting the forecast with Satelites and computers. A game weather forecast should be substantially less than 50% correct, making them worthless from a gamers P.O.V. so things are fine as programmed... [:D]

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 1:37:12 PM)

So how do you tell if the weather is low, high, or squalls? Darkness of the cloud hex?

Massattack -> RE: Why no weather report? (6/15/2007 2:25:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

So how do you tell if the weather is low, high, or squalls? Darkness of the cloud hex?

If you click on any of the multitude of searchplanes out, one of the little boxes on the right says something like "flying in clear weather", "Flying in light cloud", "flying in heavy cloud", depending on the hex it is over at the time. My guess is low weather and squalls are imputed in the heavy cloud/darkest grey hexes.

Regards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI