PBEM security (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

RedDevil1 -> PBEM security (6/15/2007 12:58:30 AM)

how is the security system for preventing/announcing replaying of PBEM turns implemented?
Is there a hot key to check the # of times a turn has been reloaded and are the PBEM files encrypted now?

e_barkmann -> RE: PBEM security (6/15/2007 1:04:42 AM)

The security system is trust, as the game doesn't prevent reloading of turns nor does it indicate to the opponent that this has ocurred.

However, the PBEM files are passworded so you cannot load your opponent's turn.

RedDevil1 -> RE: PBEM security (6/15/2007 2:26:01 AM)

Sorry Chris, trust doesn't work in a ladder system of gamers, for some it might, but for many, it's an easy way of cheating.
As the Custodian at TheBlitz club, I've been around a long  time and have dealt with many cheat complaints and have even caught and expelled cheaters of these games.

I was under the impression that Matrix would FIX this and implement some sort of turn counter and file encryption  to further the system along.

As it stands this version is NO better than the old one outside of some new units and  scenarios IMO.
I am perplexed as I would NOT have spent my money on this version yet until there was something of the sorts in place.

You're rather naive if you don't think some PBEMers reload and replay turns to get better shots and kills.
It's even worse when they can open and manipulate the BTE file and create more units and add smoke and change visibility and do all sorts of other odd things to win at all costs simply because the file isn't encrypted.

This alone has led many gamers at TheBlitz to shun the series in the past and move on to games that cannot be manipulated as easily, myself included.
Online play was rather secure as long as one didn't let the person hosting save the file. Once online play stopped working  due to Direct X issues, the last frontier of cheat free CS was gone. With it's return there is some hope for those who have the time once again to battle live, but the PBEMers will continue to suffer.

Jarexx -> RE: PBEM security (6/15/2007 4:29:19 AM)

Well i've always said both here and elsewhere the #1 thing top of my CS wish list is and always will be somekind of working encryption system the rest of those little annoying bugs can go to hell once this problem is fixed.

Jarexx aka Raven

e_barkmann -> RE: PBEM security (6/15/2007 5:03:00 AM)

I'd love to see a better form of reload security for sure.

SSG have done rather well with their Decisive Battles and Battlefront systems, currently having a secure PBEM mode which prevents reloads and snooping.

However, not currently having this implemented in CS is not going to stop me enjoying a game with a trusted opponent, I don't need no paranoia at my age [:D]  

Chuckd -> RE: PBEM security (8/12/2007 4:56:21 AM)

If someone wants to win that badly then he should play against the computer and put the advantage over to his favor, don't waste everybodys time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI