so what no what then what?dl failing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

freeboy -> so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 1:44:28 AM)

ok, please forgive the redundancy, BUT is anyone looking into this issue? will it get fixed today... seriously I could be doing other things! This is response to DR not getting their s**t together

TheHellPatrol -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 1:50:45 AM)

This is probably why it took so long to release but our incessant whining may have rushed them along[;)]. I have not tried yet...still waiting[&o]

Ola Berli -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 1:54:59 AM)

Hellpatrol,

You are my eyes and ears keep patrolling my friend [:D]

TheHellPatrol -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 2:00:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ola Berli

Hellpatrol,

You are my eyes and ears keep patrolling my friend [:D]

[:D]Aye Aye Captain[sm=character0085.gif]

cdbeck -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 2:22:07 AM)

Is it technically on sale yet? [8|]

I have yet to see it posted that it was released. This happens nearly everytime the link appears before the file does. Patience grasshoppers, patience.

I typically wait until an official announcement is made, then the file usually works.

SoM

TheHellPatrol -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 2:25:34 AM)

[:@]I had a MAJOR problem with my download/order[:@]...the damn thing dd'ed fine and installed perfectly but they didn't take my money![:D]I want my game back[:'(]HAR HAR HAR[&o][:D][sm=crazy.gif]....

Seriously, it's not announced yet thus the complications for the earlybirds.

freeboy -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 2:51:41 AM)

to SON.. dl 'ing now

Marc von Martial -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 11:57:47 AM)

How often do we have to repeat this. Wait for the freaking official announcement that it is on sale.

freeboy -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 1:25:39 PM)

now MS play nice, if it shows up in the store, you cannot blame the customer.. thats just not "cricket"

Marc von Martial -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 1:37:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

now MS play nice, if it shows up in the store, you cannot blame the customer.. thats just not "cricket"

I do play nice. But you can at least wait for the official announcement that it is for sale. I know you guys are impatient, but really you are more impatient then kids on Christmas eve [;)]. It is not helping anybody if some people refresh the store page every 5 secs and order in the second it pops up.

We have stated various times that due to the server upload and first test cycle the products show up a tad early. Wait for the official go signal that it is available and everything will work out fine.

You can hardly blame us for "bad downloads" etc. if you not wait for us to say it is officially available.
It is only causing unnecessary trouble, for all parties involved.

e_barkmann -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 3:35:09 PM)

well in my neck of the woods, we use a sub dir called \dev that is ACL'd off so no one can see it and you can test to your hearts content. Prevents all of those customers who are keen and hit the refresh button from getting wind of what's going on.

If you whack it into \pub or make it live on a public download site, well, guess what, it's the Intarwebs :-)

cheers :-)

blighty -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 3:52:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I do play nice. But you can at least wait for the official announcement that it is for sale. I know you guys are impatient, but really you are more impatient then kids on Christmas eve [;)]. It is not helping anybody if some people refresh the store page every 5 secs and order in the second it pops up.

We have stated various times that due to the server upload and first test cycle the products show up a tad early. Wait for the official go signal that it is available and everything will work out fine.

You can hardly blame us for "bad downloads" etc. if you not wait for us to say it is officially available.
It is only causing unnecessary trouble, for all parties involved.

I have to support Matrix with this one, I saw the "its in the store post" and knew it would end in tears. Always wait for the official announcement, or you get what you deserve and have no one to blame but yourself. When a game is ready Matrix will let us know, and believe me, I've wanted this game for while I loved PG1 and this will be perfect to play as my complex game of the moment is SP:WAW (which I'm loving) so I wanted something like this for a long time, and I still waited until Matrix gave the go, D/L as soon as its up is asking for trouble.

Seeing how helpful the Matrix guys are and the amount of stick they still get anyway, I don't blame them for getting a bit uppy sometimes esp when people do exactly what Matrix ask them not too then complain on the forum when it all goes wrong [8|]. Roll on the weekend I think Saturday shall be SP:WAW day and Sunday shall be C:EaW day (which I D/L this moring before work no problem, just need to install it now.

Marc von Martial -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 4:12:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

well in my neck of the woods, we use a sub dir called \dev that is ACL'd off so no one can see it and you can test to your hearts content. Prevents all of those customers who are keen and hit the refresh button from getting wind of what's going on.

Oh really? Amazing concept [;)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 4:27:09 PM)

Just to set the record straight, there was an error in how it was setup and it should not have gone live with that error, but it did - that caused all the issues. We sorted it out and I've put in requests to reset download counts for some customers this morning. If anyone else used up their download attempts or has any other issues, please let me know.

If you had a problem last night and still can't retrieve the download via www.findmyorder.com this morning, let me know. Thanks.

It's always a good idea to wait for the official announcement, but generaly we do not let things go live unless they would work anyway, so this was a bit of a two-sided issue.

Regards,

- Erik

TheHellPatrol -> RE: so what no what then what?dl failing (6/15/2007 6:47:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It's always a good idea to wait for the official announcement, but generaly we do not let things go live unless they would work anyway, so this was a bit of a two-sided issue.

Regards,

- Erik
[;)]Translation from Parent Speak: Some of you will never grow up so we have to teach you by example instead of yelling at you.[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI