sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

TeK -> sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (6/15/2007 6:32:33 PM)

Anyone notice something funny relating to witp when watching "Tora! Tora! Tora!"?....the scene where that american pilot is taking on the jap planes, the one jap plane gets shot down and it makes a sound of a plane going down that sounded really familiar to me....it's the same sound effect that's used in witp when a plane gets destroyed in air-to-air combat...The long drawn out one that sounds like the planes engine is shot to hell and it's slowly falling away to earth in the distance. Wish I could find it in the witp folder to attach...

I thought that was hilarious and i laughed my ass off at that scene because of this....It's the exact same sound effect too.

bradfordkay -> RE: sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (6/15/2007 6:40:56 PM)

I'm pretty sure that the "Radio, raise comand. Send "Main Body" " is from the movie Midway as well (I haven't watched that movie nearly as often as I have Tora Tora Tora).

m10bob -> RE: sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (6/15/2007 8:39:58 PM)

I wish somebody could "clip" the entire General Quarters klaxon and trumpet from near the beginning of "In Harm's Way"..

rtrapasso -> RE: sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (6/15/2007 8:43:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I'm pretty sure that the "Radio, raise comand. Send "Main Body" " is from the movie Midway as well (I haven't watched that movie nearly as often as I have Tora Tora Tora).

Yes - one of the great errors in communications* - immortalized in the game... [8|] [:'(]

(that's ALL the radio guy sent - no ID, no location, no ship numbers - "command" received a message "Main Body" that they figured was from a PBY - and nothing else... [X(] [8|]

Mike Wood -> RE: sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (6/15/2007 9:45:42 PM)

Hello...

We purchased the sound rights to Midway. Some of those sounds came from Tora! Tora! Tora!

Bye...

Michael Wood

Miller -> RE: sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (6/16/2007 2:40:26 AM)

Most of the background radio chat during A2A is from the Midway movie.

m10bob -> RE: sound clips stolen from Tora! Tora! Tora! ? (6/16/2007 8:58:59 AM)

I would also like a sound clip of a strong male voice saying into a mike "Hey Rube!"

This old circus call to bring help pronto was the signal to tell friendly planes to haul ass back to their carrier to save the carrier from enemy attack..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI