WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS - CLOSED!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted

ny59giants -> WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS - CLOSED!! (6/16/2007 3:07:41 AM)

Greetings!!
I am looking to start my 1st PBEM in over a year (had computer problems that did not get fixed to recently) as the Allies. I started two last year and did not get further than 5/42 as the Allies (one was CHS and the other Iron Storm) due to my computer locking up and/or crashing while playing WitP.[:@][:@]
I'm looking for some one who wants to have fun, learn, and play to the end. I will, even if I lose all my CV's in less than a month. [:D]

Non-negotiable:

I like AB's extended maps (will NOT go back to stock map) and prefer a game using CHS, if possible. If you would like to try another using AB's extended maps, I'm game!![:D]
I like 2 day turns as they add in some more FOW and help the game get through in less than actual game time. Plus, one day turns allow too much micro-management.
Non-historical 1st turn: The Japanese "may" move LCU's from their historical start positions to "major" bases throughout the Pacific (Truk, Kwajalein, Palau, Saigon, Camranh Bay, Formosa, Home Islands, etc.) From there they can be sent on turn 3 invade where ever.

Negotiable:These are suggestions and are not set in stone. Please offer your own or possible changes.

Multiple port attacks allowed on turn 1 & 2, but must be based on a CV/CVL/CVE. Thus, KB & mini-KB may be used in combinations non-historical.

450 planes total in one hex from CV/CVL/CVE's. No Allied "death stars" in late war stages, nor the KB plus "death star" by mid-42 when they get more CV's. OR may have CAP set to 50% instead of a plane limit.

ASW TFs cannot exceed 8 ships

PT Boats may not be included in TFs with other ships (exception: when transferring between bases - using the extra ships as portable fuel sources. PT TF may have a max of 6 ships in it

No creating Barges/PT at bases smaller than size 3

No Allied CV Capable air units on CV's until 1/44 - designed to keep Marine Fighter groups off CV's

Allied player may only give orders to Allied warships (not AK/AP) already at sea on turn 1

No units of the Kwangtung HQ may be moved out of the area without first paying the applicable PP costs (Land or Air units)

AF size equals the number of 1e & 2e times 50. Thus, a AF(4) can hold 200 1e & 2e planes. However, 4e level bombers count double!!. Thus, that same field would hold only 100 4e level bombers. They can be mixed. Hopefully, this will reduce the Uber-Bombers. [8|]

No 4e level-bombing below 11,000' when set for naval attack. B-29's are not allowed to be set on naval attack.

Invasions only on base or dot hexes.

Cadre evacuations allowed.

Single-ship TFs are allowed to the end of 12/41. Afterwards, there must be two or more. This is to compensate for the game mechanics usually allowing 1 ship TF not being attacked

"Training" your squadrons in China is fine. The Allies may use "same-hex supply training" of bomber squadrons

No Japanese LCU naval invasions north of Tavoy until Singapore falls.

"Be realistic" with cutting off troops for surrender. A whole Btn would be sufficient to cut off a unit, but a few squads = no.

If you don't attack the Soviets on turn 1, please give 2 weeks lead time before attacking the Soviets (if you're going to do it), so I can come up with my own defensive posture. If you want to surprise the Soviets as well, you're welcome to beat the snot out of them with surprise on turn 1.

If you don't attack the Soviets on turn 1 (and also ambush their fleet), Stalin requires that he be allowed to relocate the Soviet fleet in a few weeks (when things have calmed down a little, you'd need to have nothing set to NavAtk around the Soviet ports so that I can move the fleet).

Allied TFs at sea at start may issue new orders, but may not load troops.

Sub evac = ok. Sub invasion = not ok.

No city attacks in China for either side. I have not played much as the Chinese and don't want this area to be the main focus of the game.

No "shock with pursuit" attacks.

Play a "gentleman's game". If you think it might be gamey, it probably is, so don't do it. [:D]

trollelite -> RE: WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS (6/16/2007 5:45:19 AM)

I would like a standard one day turn game if you agree. Besides, I would rather not repeat 1941 again, so what about your abandoned chs game? I could take it.

ny59giants -> RE: WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS (6/16/2007 6:38:46 AM)

The abandoned game is no longer saved and I don't know where my Japanese opponent is.
I want a game that has 2 day turns. If you haven't tried it, you should consider it as it it better balance than 1 day turns, IMO.

scott64 -> RE: WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS (6/16/2007 8:31:32 AM)

[sm=00000613.gif][sm=00000619.gif][sm=00000622.gif][sm=00000643.gif]

aztez -> RE: WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS (6/16/2007 10:45:05 AM)

Good luck with the forthcoming PBEM. Actually would have offered take this but just started an PBEM vs ctangus so kind of fully booked.

You are going to have fun though since PBEM is so much better than going againts AI!

[sm=00000613.gif]

ny59giants -> RE: WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS (6/16/2007 3:36:42 PM)

Need to add those settings that are turned "on."
FOW
Weather (even though I have "serious" doubts about it overall)
PDU's
Surprise
Reinforcements (15 or 60 is fine with me)
Turn 2 day!!!

I am still looking for an opponent.
Its like chess, the only way get better is play a better player. Will that be you or me???[:D]

ny59giants -> RE: WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS (6/17/2007 3:02:09 AM)

I may have an opponent. [:D]
If not, then Scott1964 will be next. [;)]

ChrisR -> RE: WANTED: Japanese Opponent for CHS (6/17/2007 3:38:01 PM)

If you still looking for an IJ opponent, let me know

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI