cannot open ebook from opening screen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support

kadeen -> cannot open ebook from opening screen (6/19/2007 6:37:07 AM)

Hello
I can open the ebook manual from Adobe, but nothing happens when I click on the Manual on the opening screen. Someone else mentioned this and apparently got it working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Marc von Martial -> RE: cannot open ebook from opening screen (6/19/2007 12:29:25 PM)

1. Make sure you run latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can get it fro free from adobe.com
2. Make sure that you only have one version of Acrobat Reader installed. And make sure that when you install Acrobat Reader older versions are uninstalled first. There are known issues with Acrobat Reader when you install a newer version over and older version.
3. Make sure you firewall or security software does not block the event that an application "A" (Game Menu) starts another application "B" (Acrobat Reader).
4. Restore file opening preferences. Right click on any PDF you have, check "Open with", select Acrobat Reader and the "allways use this application" box. click "okay".

If all fails you can acess it from the Windows START menu or from within the "Manuals" folder of your CEAW installation.

RViener -> RE: cannot open ebook from opening screen (6/25/2007 1:20:35 PM)

Similar problem, only have Acrobat Professional installed newest version. If i attempt to open EBook from openinf screen it doesn't and i have to reboot.
XP system.

Twotribes -> RE: cannot open ebook from opening screen (6/25/2007 1:25:25 PM)

I installed 8.1 and can not open from game screen. every time you click the option it opens a run exe though. use control alt delete to turn all those files exe off.

I just use adobe now to open my manuals.

kadeen -> RE: cannot open ebook from opening screen (6/26/2007 4:29:34 AM)

Glad it's not just me.  Same thing happens with Carriers at War by the way

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI