hitting "play" nothing happens? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support

pippin65 -> hitting "play" nothing happens? (6/23/2007 12:31:55 AM)

hi all, was all set to wargame to the "wee" hours, loaded game hit the large PLAY icon and nothing happens? was dloaded, getting it snailmailed too. running vista, avast antivirus
thanks for any feedback/support /advice

Erik Rutins -> RE: hitting "play" nothing happens? (6/23/2007 12:35:13 AM)

Create a shortcut to the game, in the shortcut properties compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run as Administrator". Let us know if that works. Please note that Vista is not listed as supported OS, anyone running Vista should pay attention to specs with extra care because it does have issues with some software.

JonBurrows -> RE: hitting "play" nothing happens? (6/23/2007 7:04:38 PM)

I have the same problem - windows Vista - hit play and nothing.

I tried the "run as administrator" but, still nothing

ijontichy -> RE: hitting "play" nothing happens? (6/24/2007 5:05:43 AM)

Also try the quick launch shortcut as administrator.

Althered -> RE: hitting "play" nothing happens? (6/29/2007 9:37:37 PM)

Hmmm.curious.I pointed out a few weeks ago about the "Run as administrator" option because it works perfect for me.The method Erik refers to is a bit differant to the way i run it.When i installed the game it put a shortcut on the desktop.Right click on the shortcut then select the "Run as administrator" option ,this opens the "game "screen.Click on PLAY and the game runs ok (for me).[:'(]

Oh,BTW i tried Eriks method and that works fine for me too! All i can add now is try changing your resolution.I use 1289X1024 .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI