FOF : "a noble failure" for Wargamer.com ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Zakouski -> FOF : "a noble failure" for Wargamer.com ?? (6/26/2007 6:28:34 PM)

I read today the review of AGEOD ACW on wargamer.com

And had a gasp reading "the consensus about the most recent grand-scale Civil War title, Forge of Freedom, seems to have been just that; it was another "noble failure." And the primary reason was because the emotional power of the subject – that old tingle-down-the-spine factor – as cumulatively suffocated by a mass of detail so daunting that absorbing all its well-intentioned pedantry left most players too numb to give a damn WHO won the Battle of Bumbershoot, Tennessee, once they reached the combat stage....

I have no problem to consider ACW as a very good game, but this opinion (certainly not consensual) about FOF is a shock for me. [:-]

EDIT : i did not see there already was a thread about it. Feel free to delete if necessary.

Erik Rutins -> RE: FOF : "a noble failure" for Wargamer.com ?? (6/26/2007 6:30:21 PM)

Yes, already discussed here and at Wargamer. Thanks for your thoughts though, locking this one up. [8D]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1494036

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI