Problems getting game installed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray

mwbay -> Problems getting game installed (6/26/2007 9:34:05 PM)

I've had to download the game twice already.
The first time, the file downloaded but trying to extract it with WinRAR, it gives a CRC error and closes.

The second time, the file DOES extract, but when you run the program, which appears to be trying to extract yet another file, I get another error: "A decompression error has occured (#7)" and the second line reads "File CRC mismatch - Data integrity error."

I re-extracted the file and ran the program again. This time it gave me the same error, but the install program actually did install and seems to start without a problem.

I tried again on a different machine and the extracted file closes with similar errors.

Should I be concerned about whether the game will run properly?

I'm not a novice at computer games, and this is the rockiest install I've ever had with a Matrix download product.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problems getting game installed (6/26/2007 9:53:38 PM)

This sounds like there is still a download corruption issue. This installer does launch a sub-installer from AGEOD, which is the source of the rest of the confusion you were experiencing. Seeing the second installer appear is normal behavior in this case.

However, I would try downloading again, this time try using a utility such as www.stardownloader.com to manage the download and clear your internet cache and reboot first to get rid of any temporary files.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI