Anyone here remember midway campaign? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

Warspite3 -> Anyone here remember midway campaign? (6/27/2007 4:50:23 AM)

I am just curious if anyone here remembers that VERY old text based commodore 64 avalon hill game called midway campaign? I look back now and I am like how could I have had so much fun with that??? [:D] It was just text and symbols, no graphics at all! That was the last time I played a carrier type wargame so I am planning on getting CaW soon. [;)] I never played the original CaW so I imagine I am in for a treat.

bink -> RE: Anyone here remember midway campaign? (6/27/2007 4:57:24 AM)

I played a couple of other Avalon Hill titles of the same ilk - B1 Nuclear Bomber was one that I remember.

Warspite3 -> RE: Anyone here remember midway campaign? (6/27/2007 5:04:44 AM)

Oh yeah I remember that one, I also remember nuke war that was another one I used to love! That was when gameplay took priority over graphics and long intros.

OldBoney -> RE: Anyone here remember midway campaign? (6/27/2007 5:57:07 AM)

My copy of AH's Midway was for the Radio Shack TRS-80. It was coded in basic and I think I added some options. There wasn't much to the AI but it kept me guessing. The TRS-80 was my first home computer. We didn't have much memory, speed or anything else but we thought it was super!

BoredStiff -> RE: Anyone here remember midway campaign? (6/27/2007 7:03:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warspite3

Oh yeah I remember that one, I also remember nuke war that was another one I used to love! That was when gameplay took priority over graphics and long intros.

Although in regard to the aforementioned titles, gameplay also sucked.

RedArgo -> RE: Anyone here remember midway campaign? (6/27/2007 3:22:30 PM)

Midway was one of my first computer games. And since it was in BASIC it was also one of the first modable games. I used to change the American CVs to hold hundreds of aircraft. I really didn't like to lose [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI