1 or 2 discs in the toaw3 package??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

17poundr -> 1 or 2 discs in the toaw3 package??? (6/29/2007 2:38:19 AM)

Hello from Helsinki everybody!

I just got my toaw III from the post, and it shure looks good. I hope it will 'keep me going' as long as the century of warfare edition has (from 2000 to today, with the aid of some downloaded scenarios)!

Just one thing, when I opened the cd-rom case, I noticed it was meant for two discs, but there was only one inside... 'Well, it's probably a mistake in packing' I said to myself, but now that I have installed the game (looking very good by the way, the map is much better than in the acow version, and the way the scenario layout is put is much more clear, looking good gentlemen)... [:)]

Now, to my question. I read that the 'rulebook' is in the disc as a pdf file. Ok nothing wrong with that , I can always print it out, but hey... I looked at my disc, and there isnt nothing but the installation launch icon on the whole disc!

Could it be that there was supposed to be another disc where the empty discs place is, and that disc would have had the manual as a pdf, with possibly other features (samples of other games, or other such things, I really dont mind but I gotta have my PDF manual)!!!

If there has been an unfortunate mistake, then please let me know, as I really want to get to use any new features that toaw3 has!

Yours truly,
Mr poundr.

JAMiAM -> RE: 1 or 2 discs in the toaw3 package??? (6/29/2007 2:49:21 AM)

LoL Pounder! Take a deep breath and just install the game. The pdf manual should be included on the disc, as well as everything else in the full game. I'm not sure whether the newly shipping games have been updated to 3.1.0.9, so you may need to download that patch and install it. The new cases Matrix uses are all the same model - a two disc, thick dvd case, so that it will accomodate both a 200 page printed manual, as well as two cd-roms, or dvds (definitely thinking about future games there...).

sPzAbt653 -> RE: 1 or 2 discs in the toaw3 package??? (6/29/2007 4:00:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 17poundr

I read that the 'rulebook' is in the disc as a pdf file. I looked at my disc, and there isnt nothing but the installation launch icon on the whole disc!

Maybe you are looking for this, on the first screen after launch.

[image]local://upfiles/24850/1911CE00E0264AEDBCDE7A64C7A07645.jpg[/image]

17poundr -> RE: 1 or 2 discs in the toaw3 package??? (7/31/2007 7:27:26 PM)

[8D]Ahem, yes it shure seems like that... [:)] (Thinking to himself, what a dork you have become, you used to go through a forty page rule book for a level 8 Avalon Hill game and translate it to your Finnish friends, whats happened to ya)?... [:D]

Thanks again, and with the risk of sounding monotonous, I repeat my wish to pbm with somebody in toaw-3, on any scenario they see fit, ofcourse any mammoth lenght game is probably not advisable, unless we kind of agree to keep it up at a leasurly pace... Otherwise, Helsinki calling, copy?

Yours truly,
Mr Poundr.

[image]local://upfiles/24674/BBC18DC5B78442B7B3EEB9C2DB984EEE.jpg[/image]

sPzAbt653 -> RE: 1 or 2 discs in the toaw3 package??? (8/1/2007 5:54:02 AM)

You should try putting a post in the 'opponents wanted' section, that is usually where players look.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI