Grant firing 75mm when hulldown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

xavier -> Grant firing 75mm when hulldown (9/5/2000 6:55:00 PM)

In the reality, could the Grant fire his 75mm when hulldown? I think this give him a to big advantage over german, specially in the desert. Reactions ? ------------------ xaal

Paul Vebber -> (9/5/2000 7:18:00 PM)

I will check, but think this is fixed in Version 4.

McGib -> (9/5/2000 7:25:00 PM)

If the Grant is going to be prevented from firing its 75mm hull down Paul then this should probably also include the Char b and an Italian tank of the M13 variety. They also have thier main gun in the hull. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Paul Vebber -> (9/5/2000 8:34:00 PM)

There is a general problem with tanks that have an "SPgun-like" gun and a turret mounted gun. Looking at it again I don't think there is a fix right now.

Grumble -> (9/5/2000 10:46:00 PM)

Good point. One of the complaints from the Brits about the Grant was the inability to assume a hull-down posture. The best they could do was a "lower hull-down". Yes, the other vehicles mentioned should have the same penalty, but I believe you refer to the M11/39 which had a 37mm gun in a hull sponson. Maybe simulate this by reducing the hull-down benefits for vehicles like these?

McGib -> (9/6/2000 2:35:00 AM)

Thats the name of that tank! Thanks. I could not remember the right designation for it. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Larry Holt -> (9/6/2000 9:09:00 PM)

This seems to be a problem with some non-standard design tanks not fitting in with the standard fire routines. Since there aren't all that many vehicles that deviate from the standard, perhaps a look-up table or case can be added to modify their results. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI