Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Brockleigh -> Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (6/30/2007 4:13:20 AM)

So my hard drive was getting hopelessly cluttered and the performance was suffering, and I bought an external hard drive. 250GB. More than enough to hold my Maximum Football, my PureSim Baseball, my tunes, etc.

... and all I did was cut and paste my Matrix Games folder into the new drive.

Surprise, surprise, nothings working. Now that I have thought it through, it's pretty simple to see why.

So, with my current download, is there anyway to properly move the file from the old drive to the new drive? Or should I just download the game again to the new drive?

garysorrell -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (6/30/2007 5:13:32 AM)

I would just re-install the game to the external. I ran MaxFB on my 160g external for a long time until I built a new PC with a 160g internal.

garysorrell -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (6/30/2007 5:16:45 AM)

I moved my external from my old PC to the new one, and pretty much nothin on it worked. The stuff added to the registry, and the various files that get added to the Documents folder on your boot drive usually are necessary to run a game. Move the external to a different PC, and no dice. Which was painful, having to reinstall Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam. Huge multidisks and big patches. Blah!

Brockleigh -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (6/30/2007 6:20:06 AM)

So if I just download the latest build that Dave has put on here, that'll do it?

I see the latest one as being 1.3.176 . All I have to do is download that? Or do I need the original file and then apply the patch?

Brockleigh -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (6/30/2007 6:27:16 AM)

Y'know what, I have the original Setup file from the Digital Download. I'll just fire that one onto the E: drive and apply the new patch.

Thanks for your help, gary. =o)

garysorrell -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (6/30/2007 6:40:37 AM)

No problem. Definately do the full install.....and burn that original download to CD.

bassman58 -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (6/30/2007 10:11:55 PM)

Save your patches on a CD also. You might want to save any leagues you create. The MDB file plus the league folder. Plus any other downloads. Of course you, Mr. Brockleigh, would want to save any uniforms that were custom creations.

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (7/2/2007 9:55:58 PM)

Brock, i no this is irrelevant but

r u a Ti-Cat fan??

Brockleigh -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (7/7/2007 10:24:20 AM)

Yes, I am, CFL_Fan_7.

I'm hoping this will be the year, but they gotta start moving the ball upfield. Three yard flat passes aren't going to cut it.

Marauders -> RE: Okay, REALLY Stupid Question. (7/12/2007 5:48:02 AM)

quote:

quote:

CFL_FAN_7: Brock, i no this is irrelevant but

r u a Ti-Cat fan??

Yes, I am, CFL_Fan_7.

I'm hoping this will be the year, but they gotta start moving the ball upfield. Three yard flat passes aren't going to cut it.

The CFL 2007 thread is up in the Red Zone!

I am sure CFL fans would like to hear about how your teams are doing this season.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI