barges vs landing craft (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

niceguy2005 -> barges vs landing craft (7/3/2007 10:42:45 PM)

I have a question about barges, available through the create barges button, and the landing craft, available through the ship availability screen. Beyond the obvious differences of capacity, endurance etc., is there a performace difference in terms of unloading? Are barges intended just for use for transporting supplies, or could you use them for invasion also?

Halsey -> RE: barges vs landing craft (7/3/2007 10:52:17 PM)

They are slow.

Let the barges carry supplies in an invasion TF.

If you have a TF with only supplies.
CD units will ignore them.[;)]

dtravel -> RE: barges vs landing craft (7/3/2007 11:11:27 PM)

The Allied landing craft/"barges" can be used for invasions.  They're so small that it probably doesn't matter whether they unload as LSTs, AKs or APs, they unload completely in one phase.

As for what the designers intended, who the fark knows.

niceguy2005 -> RE: barges vs landing craft (7/4/2007 12:48:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

They are slow.

Maybe I could let them carry supplies in the invasion TF. Getting enough supplies ashore in the first round often seems to be an issue.

Nothing worse than getting to a firefight and realizing you left you bullets in your other pair of trousers. [:D]

ctangus -> RE: barges vs landing craft (7/4/2007 2:29:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

Maybe I could let them carry supplies in the invasion TF. Getting enough supplies ashore in the first round often seems to be an issue.

I do that. They have the added advantage of soaking up some CD fire (and air attacks if you undergo one) that might otherwise be directed at more valuable ships. And, just like Japanese barges, they respawn.

m10bob -> RE: barges vs landing craft (7/4/2007 2:53:04 AM)

quote:

quote:

They are slow.

Nothing worse than getting to a firefight and realizing you left you bullets in your other pair of trousers. [:D]

What kinda guy comes to a gunfight without his ammo????

[image]local://upfiles/7909/7EFE9FC58BD446F7AB750F9162B7C2DD.jpg[/image]

niceguy2005 -> RE: barges vs landing craft (7/4/2007 8:06:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

quote:

quote:

They are slow.

What kinda guy comes to a gunfight without his ammo????

[image]local://upfiles/7909/7EFE9FC58BD446F7AB750F9162B7C2DD.jpg[/image]

[:D]

Great movie.[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI