Multiplayer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

MemoryLeak -> Multiplayer (7/4/2007 5:16:08 AM)

I'm sitting next to my son and we would like to try a tcp/ip game. Of course it doesn't work. Nothing ever does when it comes to computers. i should know I support a 911 center. Anyway can anyone offer any advice?
He choses host and I chose Guest. Nothing happens when i press Join excep tit goes to aan opening screen menu right back to the beginning.
Any help would be appreciated.

schury -> RE: Multiplayer (7/4/2007 8:12:39 AM)

i think you can try a software named hamachi. it may help.
i've never tried a tcp/ip game in a real LAN, but i think the procedure is the same, while he's hosting you should type his ip in the bar and click "join" above.
if that doesn't work, a hot seat game is the alternative
hope it helps[:)]

IainMcNeil -> RE: Multiplayer (7/4/2007 10:56:06 AM)

Have you entered your opponents IP address? Use a site like www.whatismyip.com to find out your own IP address.

MemoryLeak -> RE: Multiplayer (7/7/2007 8:46:43 PM)

Hi,
Sorry about the delay in trying your suggestion but I haed some surgery performed late last week and this is the firs ttime I've felt like firing uup the computer. I tried the "whatismyip.com" and it does not agree with what ipconfig command displays as my ip. I'm an I.T. tech for a 911 center and I and talk the talk but this seems like an ackward way to do a multiplayer game. I still can't make it work.

rastak -> RE: Multiplayer (7/8/2007 4:22:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemoryLeak

Hi,
Sorry about the delay in trying your suggestion but I haed some surgery performed late last week and this is the firs ttime I've felt like firing uup the computer. I tried the "whatismyip.com" and it does not agree with what ipconfig command displays as my ip. I'm an I.T. tech for a 911 center and I and talk the talk but this seems like an ackward way to do a multiplayer game. I still can't make it work.

The web address is most likely picking up an external ip address....if you are on a real lan use ipconfig to find your ip and then turn off your firewalls....that should work I would think.

MemoryLeak -> RE: Multiplayer (7/10/2007 12:17:26 AM)

Yes i used IPCONFG and I turned off the firewall on both pc's and we had a rousing, stable war. It is a lot more fun than the AI but Nick is sittng behind me and I think he glances around(satelite intel)?

IainMcNeil -> RE: Multiplayer (7/10/2007 12:29:12 PM)

We can try and stop some cheating, but I dont see any way to stop that ;) Maybe fit a mirror above your monitor so you can keep an eye on him!

firepowerjohan -> RE: Multiplayer (7/10/2007 12:54:52 PM)

Do not Matrix Games have any "gamers curtain" merchandise ppl can use to make separate lounges in a room to prevent spying? [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI