Odd info (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Hard Sarge -> Odd info (7/7/2007 11:13:06 AM)

when I am hunting for things, I get odd statements and data, that at time just stand out at you

when 307 Polish Squadron was set to form, it was stated it would be a Cane outfit, the next day, it was restated and said to be a Defaint unit

then as the crews and planes started to come in and training begain, High Command sent this message

Air Ministry Signal A.173 dated 20th September, advises that the pilots for this Squadron were selected in the belief that Defiant Aircraft were front gun fighters . The D.C.A.S. has ruled that the Polish Inspector General may withdraw those pilot selected for this Squadron and replace them by two-seater pilots. Sufficient two-seater pilots , preferably those with nigth flying experience are to be selected to replace those at present posted to this Squadron. Colonel Iwaszkiewiczis to issue posting instructions in respect of both replacement pilots and those already postedto the Squadron.

Mad Onion -> RE: Odd info (7/7/2007 1:46:17 PM)

Yes 307. Dywizjon Myśliwski Nocny "Lwowskich Puchaczy" was flying at defiant I, but in 18.08.1941 it was rearmed in Beufighter II.

at this site you can find names of commanders, aircraft types and airfilds http://polishairforce.pl/dyw307dowodcy.html

Hard Sarge -> RE: Odd info (7/7/2007 3:18:25 PM)

Yes I have been there, but a HARD site to follow if you do not speak/read Polish

Mad Onion -> RE: Odd info (7/7/2007 4:03:20 PM)

I can speak Polish, if you need something to translate I could trye, but i can't speak englisch too good :)

Hard Sarge -> RE: Odd info (7/7/2007 4:12:42 PM)

thanks for the Offer, I am doing pretty good at following or finding my way around

the real trick is to find info that I can make use out of

Hard Sarge -> RE: Odd info (7/7/2007 6:21:38 PM)

a shame I got most of this, but it is in a nice format

302 Polish Squadron BoB

British personnel:
S/Ldr Jack Satchell
F/Lt John Farmer
F/Lt James Thomson
F/Lt William Riley
F/O Peter Carter

Polish personnel:
S/Ldr Mieczyslaw Mumler
F/Lt
Piotr Laguna
F/Lt Franciszek Jastrzebski
Sgt Antoni Beda
P/O Bronislaw Bernas
F/O Jan Borowski
P/O Stanislaw Chalupa
F/Lt Tadeusz Chlopik
P/O Jerzy Czerniak
F/Lt Jan Czerny
F/O Tadeusz Czerwinski
P/O Wladyslaw Gnys
P/O Wlodzimierz Karwowski
P/O Stefan Kleczkowski
Sgt Wilhelm Kosarz
F/O Julian Kowalski
P/O Waclaw Krol
P/O Stanislaw Lapka
Sgt Antoni Lysek
P/O Jan Malinski
Sgt Antoni Mierkiewicz
Sgt Eugeniusz Nowakiewicz
P/O Edward Pilch
P/O Stefan Wapniarek
F/Lt Antoni Wczelik
Sgt Marian Wedzik
P/O Zbigniew Wroblewski
Sgt Jerzy Zaluski
P/O Aleksy Zukowski

Hard Sarge -> RE: Odd info (7/7/2007 6:38:09 PM)

Kewl

I am happy to say, I had all of them but Peter Carter

(of course to the down side, there are a couple that should not be there, but 302 was a catch all Squadron, everybody started there and then moved on)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI