WiTP on vista (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

jjax -> WiTP on vista (7/9/2007 5:40:03 AM)

Hi

I have been thinking about getting this game for some time (big UV fan). However, i have vista...does any one know of any issues?

rtrapasso -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/9/2007 5:41:53 AM)

Installation problems abound - make sure you install in the root directory or you will have severe problems. Check out the support matrix - a couple of people have discussed VISTA in there.

jjax -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/9/2007 5:47:00 AM)

Alright..i see what you mean.

Just want to make sure...some of my fav programs (LIKE ALLIED FORCE [:@]) have not worked since i upgraded.

jack54 -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 12:09:26 AM)

I haven't had any problems.I"ve been playing about 2 months.No crashes at all.

(One warning though, I installed as administrator.Vista is funny that way;)

also as it starts loading it usually minimizes,click the minimized bar at bottom not the play button,it trys to load another game
simultaneously. 

mc3744 -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 12:18:34 AM)

I've been running WitP on Vista 64 for a while now.
No problems reported.

Gem35 -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 1:03:46 AM)

Vista is unfinished, wait until there is the first service pack out and then wait about 90 days after that to even consider buying/upgrading to the new OS.
Windows XP is so soild now there really is not any reason to go Vista, regardless of what your so-called expert"buddy" tells you.

grumpyman -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 4:16:30 AM)

I'll pipe in and say I have been running vista and have had no problems whatsoever with Witp.

jjax -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 8:01:39 AM)

Hmmm, I thought this thread was dead.[;)]

Anyways....i bought WITP and havent had any problems on vista. 
By the way, i luv the game for those keeping score.

Grotius -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 9:00:42 AM)

Welcome aboard!

docpaul -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 7:41:34 PM)

I have no problem with Vista either..I'm the problem! ;)...only cpu problem I had was with SLI..screws up the graphics. Other than that works without a hitch.

carnifex -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 7:52:53 PM)

Typical. Five guys (I'll be the sixth) who have Vista posting that they're not having any problems and one guy who doesn't have it spouting FUD how it's unfinished and how to not believe people who tell you otherwise.

Gem35 -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 8:00:29 PM)

I offer my advice, you don't have to agree with it.
I do have Vista, I didn't care for it. It is put back on the shelf until it is needed.
I have plenty of experience with computers to know what I am talking about.
If you buy a new PC with Vista already installed on it, great.
I am pointing out to folks who are considdering upgrading that it is an unfinished product and do not bother.
Xp is the best OS out there for a PC at this time.

With all due respect,
Spouting FUD or whatever you typed is alot different then kowledge-based facts, Sir.

Rainer -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/19/2007 10:18:36 PM)

quote:

regardless of what your so-called expert"buddy" tells you.

Your remark apparently triggered the responses you seem to be unhappy with.
I'm sure you would not like to be called a "so-called expert".
Neither can the forum members judge your expertise, nor can you the expertise of said buddy.
It's that simple.

And I agree with you. At this time I see no reason to upgrade from XP to Vista.

jjax -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/20/2007 1:39:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

quote:

regardless of what your so-called expert"buddy" tells you.

Your remark apparently triggered the responses you seem to be unhappy with.
I'm sure you would not like to be called a "so-called expert".
Neither can the forum members judge your expertise, nor can you the expertise of said buddy.
It's that simple.

And I agree with you. At this time I see no reason to upgrade from XP to Vista.

VISTA isn't all bad [8|]. I use to have xp on my comp, but got a free upgrade cd in the mail. Needless to say, curiosity got the better of me and i switched. Most "experts" recommend staying with the tried and true XP for now. That is until you need Dx10...i might be on the wrong forum for that argument[;)]

Gem35 -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/20/2007 1:54:20 AM)

Vista has many forms, most who have used it with some sucess are most likely using the 32-bit version which is nothing more than a fancy XP.
64-bit vista requires alot more resources, mainly more system RAM.
direct x 10 most likely will be offered to xp users eventually.
There are not many applications, if at all, out now that require you to have a compatable video card so as I said already, it is not worth having at this point in time.
I offer advice based on experience, you are free to choose.
If you read my response correctly, " that buddy" is third person.
kinda like "people" or "they " say do not drop a plugged in hair dyer in the bathtub with you.

docpaul -> RE: WiTP on vista (7/20/2007 2:42:40 AM)

I will not go to 64bit till the drivers advance quite a bit.  I made a dual boot on a new HD when I changed mobo's..I found that I never used XP..everything ahd workied very well.  If you have software that DOESN't have an upgrade to Vista and doesn't work well on Vista without it , then you should stick with XP..but that's why I dualbooted.

kaleun -> RE: WiTP on vista (8/3/2007 12:52:02 AM)

I have never upgraded any OS.
By the time the new programs that benefit from the new system, or require it, my system would not meet the specs, even if upgraded, so it's time to upgrade the computer.
My current system's warranty runs out Nov 08. I figure that will be the time to change laptop. (I will be able to play Silent Hunter IV then[:)])

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI