The Ideal MP Scenario for CAW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

RyanCrierie -> The Ideal MP Scenario for CAW (7/11/2007 2:43:08 PM)

I've been following some of the threads in here, and one of the major complaints IIRC, is that in many of the scenarios, you almost always know where the enemy is going to be once you've played it a couple of times.

So what do people think would be a nice scenario? One with a big expansive map, allowing both sides room to manuver and plot their attacks, instead of being constrained by a smaller map?

Scott_WAR -> RE: The Ideal MP Scenario for CAW (7/11/2007 3:27:42 PM)

I am thinking that knowing exactly where your enemy is going to attack is a real problem for replayability. For example, if you know Japan is coming for Midway, well its not so hard to decide what to do than if you dont know where they are attacking.

Maybe a scenario that gives both sides a target to attack. So you need to try and take your objective, before allowing the enemy to take their objective. Make these objectives unknown to the enemy. Then you must decide what to attack with and what to defend with, and also will need to try and determine exactly what needs defending.

GoodGuy -> RE: The Ideal MP Scenario for CAW (7/11/2007 10:15:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

Maybe a scenario that gives both sides a target to attack. So you need to try and take your objective, before allowing the enemy to take their objective. Make these objectives unknown to the enemy. Then you must decide what to attack with and what to defend with, and also will need to try and determine exactly what needs defending.

Excellent idea.

Adam Parker -> RE: The Ideal MP Scenario for CAW (7/12/2007 1:40:06 AM)

The recent game "Punic Wars" gave the following interesting scenario spread:

17 - Historical.

8 - Hypothetical.

16 - "Table Top" - meaning: "...scenarios made up of evenly matched armies based on points based on the concepts of many of the miniature gaming rules..."

That's what I call a scenario spread!

But the latter group looks very promising for competition/head-head play. Fits in with the suggestions here and reminds me of the old ASL DYO points system.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI