Sluggish mouse (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

R8J -> Sluggish mouse (7/12/2007 11:45:55 PM)

The mouse moves at normal speed when over the "back ground", but when over a window it is slow. I have adjusted the speed through game options. No luck.

I did a search but all I found was slow button clicking.

BurntFingers -> RE: Sluggish mouse (7/16/2007 8:17:19 PM)

Depends on scenario size and the power of the PC running Harpoon. It's not just down to processor speed - how much memory is just as important. Maybe more so for some scenarios.

A good indicator of "lag" is the time display. If it can't tick along at one second per second (keeps missing seconds) then your PC is overloaded for that particular scenario. If you are running a huge scenario then it WILL chug. There's some scenearios that make my PC chug, and that's 2GHz of PC with 2GB of memory.

EDIT: One way around it - pause the game when you issue orders. Takes a couple seconds before the pause kicks it but it should let you move the mouse around OK.

EDIT EDIT: Patch 3.8 speeds up the main game loop a lot, but do be aware there are consequences for your databases (need to be updated) and scenarios (older scenarios have to be rebuilt in with a new DB).

R8J -> RE: Sluggish mouse (7/17/2007 8:41:53 PM)

Thanks for the reply.

It happens with all scenarios. It actually begins with the sceanrio selection window. The mouse moves fine until it is over a window.

I'll try pausing the game.

I'm patched to 3.8. my PC is 2.1 GHz w/ 1.50 GB of RAM.

The problem is annoying but has not stopped me from playing.

Thanks again.

BurntFingers -> RE: Sluggish mouse (7/18/2007 7:44:55 PM)

Hmm... could be some other software running is eating up processor time.

Harpoon 3 is not exactly slick in terms of mouse response, but if it keeps lagging even before you've loaded a scenario, I would check your system tray for greedy applications.

Number 1 suspect - anything anti-virus or firewall related from Norton. Tends to clog PCs up.

R8J -> RE: Sluggish mouse (7/20/2007 12:55:56 AM)

Yeah, I bet it's Norton. I forgot how much of a problem Norton can be. I don't know why I did not think of that...

Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI