Victory Level Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Carriers at War Support

dranck -> Victory Level Question (7/13/2007 5:37:36 AM)

OK, I'm confused. I just played Wake Island and ended up with 622 points going to Japan and 256 going to the Allies, a net negative result of -366. The Victory level was Allied Decisive. Yet, the mouseover for Victory Level shows that this should be a Decisive Japanaese victory. Huh? Both Japanese carriers were lost to the U.S. loss of one, but other U.S. surface ships were lost.

Thoughts anyone?

- Dave

Toby42 -> RE: Victory Level Question (7/13/2007 3:33:19 PM)

Figuring out the victory conditions is more complicated than playing the game!!

alexs -> RE: Victory Level Question (7/14/2007 11:15:28 AM)

Hi Dave,
The victory points are used to determine the victory type (ie decisive, marginal etc), and once this is calculated, the conditional mission effects are applied. Conditional missions require the completion of an objective (ie invade or supply), and if the mission isnt completed, there can be a maximum victory type for the player. In Wake island, the Axis have a conditional mission which requires them to invade Wake island, or else the allies get a decisive win. To view this, at the end of the game, go to the victory screen, select the axis side, and under the conditional mission area the missions will be listed, with any active mission shown in orange text.

dranck -> RE: Victory Level Question (7/14/2007 7:36:10 PM)

Thanks! That makes sense. It just isn't obvious, at least not to me anyway.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI