List of torpedo carrying planes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

TheTomDude -> List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 12:20:46 PM)

Hello

I wonder if there's a list of torpedo carrying planes out there. I always thought you can check the "aircraft information" button to see whether a plane can carry a torpedo (max. loadout) or only bombs. I just recognised that one of my Helen Daitais is carrying torpedoes even if it says 8x 250 kg AP as max. loadout. [&:] Does the max. loadout mean nothing then? Is there a list with planes able to carry a torpedo?

Thx
Tom

castor troy -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 12:29:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheTomDude

Hello

I wonder if there's a list of torpedo carrying planes out there. I always thought you can check the "aircraft information" button to see whether a plane can carry a torpedo (max. loadout) or only bombs. I just recognised that one of my Helen Daitais is carrying torpedoes even if it says 8x 250 kg AP as max. loadout. [&:] Does the max. loadout mean nothing then? Is there a list with planes able to carry a torpedo?

Thx
Tom

donīt know what mod you play, but in stock and many mods both of what you describe is wrong. The Helen doesnīt carry a torp at all and also the 8x250 kg AP bomb is far too much. Loadout in most mods and stock is 4x250 kg AP bombs...

Never seen a list of torp bombers...

IJN: Nell, Betty, Frances, Kate, Jill, Grace, patrols (only use torps at night naval attack = useless)
IJA: Peggy (late 44)

British: Swordfish, Beaufort I, Avenger, Fulmar??, perhaps one more
Dutch: TVI-a (obsolete biplane)
Australia: Beafort I
US: Devastator, Avengers

surely forgot some, but you will surely get your list done... [;)]

TheTomDude -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 1:15:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

Hello

Thx
Tom

donīt know what mod you play, but in stock and many mods both of what you describe is wrong. The Helen doesnīt carry a torp at all and also the 8x250 kg AP bomb is far too much. Loadout in most mods and stock is 4x250 kg AP bombs...

IJN: Nell, Betty, Frances, Kate, Jill, Grace, patrols (only use torps at night naval attack = useless)

Thx for the info. I wasn't 100% sure about the # of bombs the Helen carries.
Btw. I play stock 15 and that Helen squadron with torps is there. Mabye a bug?
I'll try to post a picture when I get home from work.

cantona2 -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 1:41:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

Hello

Thx
Tom

Add Vildebeest to the Brits

The TVI-a can still kick some ass if lucky to bypass LRCAP and Flak

rtrapasso -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 1:46:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

quote:

quote:

Hello

Thx
Tom

Delete Fulmar (it is a fighter).

String -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 2:08:11 PM)

Barracuda also carries a torp afaik.

TheTomDude -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 3:10:04 PM)

Just saw this post. Seems like the same bug just with Helens and not Hudsons. [8|]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1522743

castor troy -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 6:11:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

quote:

quote:

Hello

Thx
Tom

Delete Fulmar (it is a fighter).

yeah, wrong thought... thought about the Fulmar instead of the Barracuda...

and forgot about the Beaufort V also... [:D]

ny59giants -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 6:56:55 PM)

Don't forget the PBY's and Coronado's (they only do so on night missions which very rarely happen). [;)]

Don't remeber if any other Allied patrol planes do since I'm at work. [:(][:(]

Helpless -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 9:48:22 PM)

quote:

T-IV was not a biplane but a float plane [;)]

http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/Military/index5-1%20T4.html

Halsey -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/25/2007 10:52:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Don't forget the PBY's and Coronado's (they only do so on night missions which very rarely happen). [;)]

Coronado's carry bombs. [;)]

Patrol AC that carry bombs are the premier ASW AC.

castor troy -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 10:55:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

quote:

T-IV was not a biplane but a float plane [;)]

http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/Military/index5-1%20T4.html

ahh, damn... looks like most Iīve written was wrong. I knew it is a floatplane, I even posted some pics in my AAR when your "obsolete" floatplanes put some torps in Nagato... [:(]

rtrapasso -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 1:53:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Coronado's carry bombs. [;)]

Patrol AC that carry bombs are the premier ASW AC.

Yes, the carry bombs on normal patrol - but you can (try) ordering them to attack at night, and then they will do so with torpedoes... but usually this only happens if there is a sub present in the hex. Although possibly other things could also trigger an attack, night-time attacks are very rare. There are also a couple other patrol craft (Mariner, Emily, etc.) that also could attack at night with torps, iirc.

Helpless -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 6:16:22 PM)

quote:

ahh, damn... looks like most Iīve written was wrong. I knew it is a floatplane, I even posted some pics in my AAR when your "obsolete" floatplanes put some torps in Nagato...

once again you wrote everything wrong.. in WITP T-IVs is neither FP nor biplane (at least on any planesides i know).. [:'(]

rtrapasso -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 6:18:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

ahh, damn... looks like most Iīve written was wrong. I knew it is a floatplane, I even posted some pics in my AAR when your "obsolete" floatplanes put some torps in Nagato...

once again you wrote everything wrong.. in WITP T-IVs is neither FP nor biplane (at least on any planesides i know).. [:'(]

In reality, it was a float-plane, but is just treated like a torpedo bomber as far as the game goes.

crsutton -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 6:47:10 PM)

quote:

Just saw this post. Seems like the same bug just with Helens and not Hudsons. [8|]

Not a "bug" really. Just a minor mistake and proofing oversight when the scenario was set up. If I recall, anyone can go into the editor and change the loadout for a bomber. And, I know from experience, it is very easy to make a mistake in the editor.

Feinder -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 9:23:57 PM)

T-IVa

[image]local://upfiles/7554/064AFC98F1374BEC92DA4F56BC62C8EA.jpg[/image]

castor troy -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 10:02:48 PM)

quote:

quote:

Iīm not responsible for the "design" of this game... [:'(] thank god... [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/13774/74206A77345146FBA5A268A866332B01.jpg[/image]

rtrapasso -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 10:03:01 PM)

quote:

For some reason, sometimes when bombers upgrade they can be shown to have torpedoes, but the times i've had this happen to me, they've "lost" their torpedoes in a few turns.

Wolfie1 -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/26/2007 11:14:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

T-IVa

[image]local://upfiles/7554/064AFC98F1374BEC92DA4F56BC62C8EA.jpg[/image]

Looks like a Float Plane to me[;)]

bradfordkay -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/27/2007 9:29:05 AM)

" Looks like a Float Plane to me"

Can't be... she's listed as a land based Torpedo Bomber in WITP. Those must be her torpedoes... [;)]

In CHS, the Brits also have the Albacore as a carrier based torpedo bomber. It's arguably better than the Swordfish, but just by a hair.

TheTomDude -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (7/27/2007 11:07:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

For some reason, sometimes when bombers upgrade they can be shown to have torpedoes, but the times i've had this happen to me, they've "lost" their torpedoes in a few turns.

Yes. After some 5 turns it went back to bombs. All fine again. [;)]

Knavey -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 1:17:40 AM)

The Soviet SB-2 could also carry a torpedo.  This is reflected in the aircraft side view in WitP, but not in the database AFAIK.  Too bad about that. 

FeurerKrieg -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 11:18:53 AM)

There are some planes that are just so ugly... the T-IVa is one of them.

TheElf -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 11:45:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavey

The Soviet SB-2 could also carry a torpedo.  This is reflected in the aircraft side view in WitP, but not in the database AFAIK.  Too bad about that. 

I put in a torpedo capable DB-3t in CHS. I don't think the SB-2 carried a torp.

Terminus -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 1:47:07 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Iīm not responsible for the "design" of this game... [:'(] thank god... [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/13774/74206A77345146FBA5A268A866332B01.jpg[/image]

Yes, THANK GOD!

USSAmerica -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 3:42:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheElf

quote:

Ahhh....always nice to see a post from TheElf. [&o]

Sometimes I even read what he writes, but most of the time I just look. [:'(]

BTW, I have his avatar girl as my WitP game loading screen. Sometimes it makes me wish for a slower computer...[8D]

TheElf -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 3:44:40 PM)

[;)]

Local Yokel -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 4:12:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

In Soviet service the Ilyushin Il-4 (I understand a development of the DB-3) was used as a torpedo bomber in the Baltic, so it ought to have such a capability.

TheElf -> RE: List of torpedo carrying planes (8/2/2007 5:15:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

quote:

quote:

In Soviet service the Ilyushin Il-4 (I understand a development of the DB-3) was used as a torpedo bomber in the Baltic, so it ought to have such a capability.

correct. Due to slot limitation and the relatively early-war nature of most games we elected to represent the DB-3t rather than the IL-4t. Perhaps when the database is expanded we can do both.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI