When can we Expect to DLoad V4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Kwll -> When can we Expect to DLoad V4 (9/8/2000 10:55:00 PM)

I know....I know... its today maybe..I hope and pray...so what is the word? Tonight, later today, in 5 mins, tomorrow...Just tryn to plan my weekend...see at work I have a T1 line at home only 28.8K so I want it to show up very very soon otherwise 20+hours of Dload and wife yellin cause her line is tied up. Man this sad I am planing my weekend around a game..... Great work guys and thanks a lot for the manuel early bird...but now I need otherfix

ChrisF -> (9/8/2000 11:12:00 PM)

I am home sick and have been out work for the last two days....now I have the perfect excuse for my wife if V4 gets posted this weekend...

Paul Vebber -> (9/8/2000 11:34:00 PM)

IT will be today - barring natural disaster. There is a lot to do to verify everthing is ready...It will be a handful of hours or two...but I don't think we will be flirting with midnight EDT. Depends on how things go down the stretch... We are making good progress.

ChrisF -> (9/9/2000 12:21:00 AM)

I look forward to playing it this weekend then! Thanks Paul! I know we've said it a zillion times but you guys are the best. Let's top off those panzers get rolling!

Randy -> (9/9/2000 12:47:00 AM)

About how long will it take to down load this patch? Are there any plans to have some company put out a CD patch, sine EZGamer went out of business. I'm not too savy when it comes to this download stuff (I initially got a copy of the SPW@W). Thanks Semper Fi Randy

ChrisF -> (9/9/2000 12:57:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Randy: About how long will it take to down load this patch? Are there any plans to have some company put out a CD patch, sine EZGamer went out of business. I'm not too savy when it comes to this download stuff (I initially got a copy of the SPW@W). Thanks Semper Fi Randy
A lot will depend on your connection. A broadband connection puts you in the money - a 56k or slower modem, and you should plan on picking up your download tomorrow morning. Maybe kick off the download before bed. I read somewhere on another thread that there is some software out there on the web that MAtrix reccomends that can help speed up the download process for both types of connections...

Paul Vebber -> (9/9/2000 1:02:00 AM)

The patch will be a Major Event for a straight stick Modem user - probably on the order of 20+ hours. If you have broadband it should be on the order of 1-2 hours. If you can find another EZGamer like outfit, let us know. Otherwsie CDs in the Magazines and to some extent, good samaritans like Epicurious, will be the limit of CD distro...

Hornet -> (9/9/2000 3:44:00 AM)

Will it be available at Pelit-magazine's pages?

troopie -> (9/9/2000 7:31:00 AM)

Who's going to have a CD of 4.0, and when? Dankie, troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Paul Vebber -> (9/9/2000 7:54:00 AM)

CGW is supposed to have it in their DEC Issue.

KG Erwin -> (9/9/2000 8:18:00 AM)

Paul, you know as well as I do that most of us will not wait. The forums will be relatively quiet once the word is issued. However, expect a rush on the downlaoad sites. For you guys anxiously waiting for the word (including me), DO NOT expect a quick resolution once you start trying to download this update. You might as well catch up on your reading, relations with your family, etc. The forums will light up again, say, around Mon. or Tues., IF the thing is set to go sometime today.

max -> (9/9/2000 8:51:00 AM)

hmmm, DECEMBER........

Paul Vebber -> (9/9/2000 9:41:00 AM)

Sorry. working these huge files means things take horrendous amounts of time. Anytime there is a glitch means several hours get wasted. Its taking a little longer than we thought. Please bear with us...we will let you know ...

KG Erwin -> (9/9/2000 9:58:00 AM)

OK, guys, time to chill out and wait...what's that Guns'N'Roses song? "Just a little patience....yeah...yeah..."

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI