Multiplayer Screen Grayed Out (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

kosigan86 -> Multiplayer Screen Grayed Out (7/27/2007 12:22:37 PM)

Hi there,

I purchased Cross of Iron earlier this week, and even though I'm running Vista, the game works flawlessly! I did of course follow the advice on these forums relating to the necessary shortcut tweaks.

Coming off that tangent...

My problem is that when I click on the Multiplayer menu at the opening main menu of the game, the entire Multiplayer lobby is grayed/blacked out - unselectable. I get no response when I click on the TCP/IP game button and none of the other menu buttons seem to work. All I can do once I enter the Multiplayer screen is go back to the main menu. I can, however, use Battle HQ to play DirectPlay games without any issues whatsoever. Strange huh?

Anyone care to take a gander? I have a firewall but I disabled it. I have a virus scanner but I closed every instance of it...is my only option to reinstall the game and see if it works? Perhaps close AVG (my virus scanner) while it installs?

Thanks for your feedback!

[EDIT] I see someone else who has Vista in the forums has the exact same problem as me...I wonder if there's a work around.

JD Walter -> RE: Multiplayer Screen Grayed Out (7/28/2007 4:44:59 AM)

Hi Kosigan,

Recommend you post this over at CSO's forum. They are very experienced online ladder players, and are quite prompt in answering technical questions: CSO

kosigan86 -> RE: Multiplayer Screen Grayed Out (7/30/2007 11:48:57 PM)

No luck with that.

The problem I'm referring to can be located here.

Since this is a re-release of CC to make it compatible with modern OS's, I would think there would be some sort of word and/or fix from the developers on this issue.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer Screen Grayed Out (7/31/2007 12:18:25 AM)

CoI was released before Vista was available.

Have you tried all compatibility modes etc?

Have you tried running you PC as administrator?

kosigan86 -> RE: Multiplayer Screen Grayed Out (7/31/2007 12:33:17 AM)

Yeah, I've tried every single compatibility mode, and I'm running the PC as the administrator with UAC turned completely off. I'm stumped.

I even did a long workaround and installed IPX/NetBios to no effect.

The game still will not pick up my IP address and therefore won't allow me to use the multiplayer menu [&:].

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer Screen Grayed Out (7/31/2007 12:57:41 AM)

I remember someone posting about "childsafe" mode (turned off) or something like that... trying to find the reference.

Sorry , I don't have Vista... but searching for an answer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI