Captured Resource Exploitation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

quikstrike -> Captured Resource Exploitation (7/28/2007 5:13:44 AM)

I'm playing the CP, and have managed to overrun some resource hexes, in particular "Food" hexes, but I haven't observed a noticeable rise in my food production. I'm presuming that just capturing a resource hex does not then cause it to start producing for you. What requirements must be met in order to start receiving benefits of captured resources?

SMK-at-work -> RE: Captured Resource Exploitation (7/28/2007 6:23:24 AM)

IIRC it takes some time for them to start producing for you, but I dont' recall how long.

FrankHunter -> RE: Captured Resource Exploitation (7/30/2007 8:57:18 PM)

Capturing food does help you, especially Germany.  But its only counted as of the next Strategic Phase and captured food hexes only count for 1/3 so you need 3 captured food hexes to add one food point to your stocks each turn.

SiTheSly -> RE: Captured Resource Exploitation (7/30/2007 9:23:38 PM)

I have been studying the captured hex rules since my Russia first strategy is based on it. Not so much to build up my stores as to deny Russia its (especially food and industry).

You get captured resources the next turn and you need 3 food to get one food and 2 raw materials to gain one raw material.

It is very important to plan ahead who will capture which resources since both Germany and Austia can caputre two food each for no net gain. Also it seems its the nearest infantry unit to the resource that determines who gets ownership. It seems (only tested once) that caverly does not caputure for ownerhip, obviously if you capture a resource using infantry then the infantry determine ownership. Mulitiple nationalities in caputuring force? Don't know the answer probably largest amount of strength points remaining.

Also not all raw materials hexes are equal Verdun has two resources meaning a German capture gives you one raw material and just as important denies France two. The other double raw material hex I know of is down by the Turkish border meaning that if you can caputre the three down there it gives the Turks an extra two raw materials - not much good for them but great to transfer to Germany.

Perhaps Frank can confirm this

Thanks

SMK-at-work -> RE: Captured Resource Exploitation (7/31/2007 12:27:51 AM)

Cavalry can capture resource hexes.

SiTheSly -> RE: Captured Resource Exploitation (7/31/2007 12:58:59 AM)

They can capture them but it doesn't mean the capturing units nationality determines who owns them.

I captured the Serbian food resource with Austrian cav launched from a hex of German infantry and Germany got the food resource and the German flag was on the resource hex.

I wasn't very clear on the point I was trying to make - maybe I'm mistaken perhaps someone can say what happened in their game but its still important to plan who gets the resource to maximize captured resources.

I'm not saying you should sit around waiting for a particular nationality to arrive since of course the loss of certain resources can have a big impact on some nations.

It is mostly in the balkans and Russia that this can occur. There are six food resources in Russia that are critical to Russia for its morale and its best to ensure that Austria gets three and Germany gets three meaning together they get one extara each. Germany suffers from food shortages quite early in the game and this is a big help since Austria can transfer its one point excess to Germany.

sol_invictus -> RE: Captured Resource Exploitation (7/31/2007 2:51:45 AM)

Nice to know info.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI