Carriers at War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Carriers at War Support

wax1959 -> Carriers at War (7/29/2007 3:59:54 AM)

HELP I bought Carriers at war and the game downloaded fine. It also installed just fine and I even played a game or two. Then I got brave and started messing with the editor. I saved some changes I made to the Coral sea battle under a differnt file name and game name. Thats where the problem started. When I tried to start the program the next time the game crashed. When I say started the progam I mean where you click on the opening menu for Play the game. After many attemps to get the game running I gave up and uninstalled the program. Then I reinstalled the progame with no problems. But, the gsme still crashes at the same point. I know the problem must be in some temp or register entry but where ??

Is there anyone out there who can help me.

Thank you,

David Marco
wax1959@comcast.net

pkpowers -> RE: Carriers at War (7/30/2007 3:38:06 AM)

Wish I could help more but I had the same thing happen , but after a reinstall all is well ; I won't mess with the editor again until this is addressed. I am having a repeatable CTD everytime I try to detach damaged ships, and I 've sent a report in on it.

alexs -> RE: Carriers at War (7/30/2007 12:40:18 PM)

Hi guys,

I'll go through the crash reports and work out what happened.

I've made some changes to the singleplayer screen that should fix a lot of the crashing on startup due to options / scenario change errors.

Wax - try going to the carriers at war directory and deleting your "Options.txt" file - that should solve things.

Alex

Erik2 -> RE: Carriers at War (7/30/2007 5:24:24 PM)

You may need to remove the leftover files/folders after uninstalling CAW. Then reinstall.
I've had this happen pretty regularly after doing some work in the editor.
For some reason it appears that loading a bugged scenario will alter the registry/game installation.

Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI