Considering Purchase - A quick question. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

GeneralFlash -> Considering Purchase - A quick question. (7/30/2007 4:19:07 AM)

While I am impressed by what I see with Puresim, I am still on the fence about buying it. There is one thing I know would have me purchase it in a second. It's a question about the depth of the historical rosters. I

I see from screenshots that at least old Yankees teams are included in the game. My father's best friend was a pitcher in the Rangers organization in the early 70s. He made it to the big leagues but spent most of his time in AAA. Would someone like this be in the game? (His name was Rick Kemp is anyone is so motivated to look). If so, I think that would be enough of a geek factor to get me to buy the game.

Thanks for any answers.

SpharV2 -> RE: Considering Purchase - A quick question. (7/30/2007 6:22:18 AM)

So long as he's in the Lehman Database, (Which, if he appeared in the majors, he should be) he should be in a historical replay from what I know.  I don't use the historical rosters because I prefer playing with fictional players, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.  Backup from someone who uses historical players?

MrTrackMski -> RE: Considering Purchase - A quick question. (7/30/2007 6:31:55 AM)

I checked the name on my game....
There was no Rick Kemp. Just a Matt (2006) and a Steve Kemp who played the outfield.
Steve played with the :
Tigers 77--81
W Sox 82
NYY 83-84
Pirates 85-86
Texas 88
Best year with Tigers at .318 batt. avg.

sposfan -> RE: Considering Purchase - A quick question. (7/30/2007 6:39:26 AM)

Just checked Lee Sinin's baseball encyclopedia and he doesn't appear there either. If he never appeared in a game, then he wouldn't be in lahmans

GeneralFlash -> RE: Considering Purchase - A quick question. (7/30/2007 6:42:40 AM)

Well thanks guys for checking on this. Rick was a reliever who was up briefly at the end of the '72 (I think) season. Yeah, not a lot of time up in the majors, but he's the only pro ball player ever to come to my birthday parties!

Sure would have been cool to see him in there.

akcranker -> RE: Considering Purchase - A quick question. (7/30/2007 1:29:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeneralFlash

Well thanks guys for checking on this. Rick was a reliever who was up briefly at the end of the '72 (I think) season. Yeah, not a lot of time up in the majors, but he's the only pro ball player ever to come to my birthday parties!

Sure would have been cool to see him in there.

There's always the create a player idea :D I know it wouldn't be the same though but you could look up his stats and put them in.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI