CV recon PLANE - Myrt (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Cavalry Corp -> CV recon PLANE - Myrt (7/30/2007 4:37:25 PM)

I read these planes were designed for CV recon units

is that so can it be done in the game ?

M

TheTomDude -> RE: CV recon PLANE - Myrt (7/30/2007 5:04:15 PM)

I did read that too, but as far as I know they were not used on the few CVLs/CVEs they had late '44. I did not reach that timeframe in the game until now so i cannot say for sure. But it wouldn't make any sense historically.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: CV recon PLANE - Myrt (7/30/2007 5:25:34 PM)

Putting 9 on a CVE could be some help - I think they have a 9 hex range ??
M

m10bob -> RE: CV recon PLANE - Myrt (7/30/2007 5:57:40 PM)

IRL they had a normal range of 1900 miles and extended to 3300!
CHS and RHS improved the miles of nearly every plane.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: CV recon PLANE - Myrt (7/30/2007 6:01:27 PM)

so in fact its a very desirable plane for cvl or cve

m

TheTomDude -> RE: CV recon PLANE - Myrt (7/30/2007 6:50:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

so in fact its a very desirable plane for cvl or cve

m

It is a very desirable plane indeed but I think you will not find any carrier squadrons in the game. But if they are carrier capable then you can put some on the CVE's without airgroups and use them. Again I'm not sure if they are even carrier capable in WitP.

m10bob -> RE: CV recon PLANE - Myrt (7/30/2007 11:47:22 PM)

IIRC, Sid recently made some recon units for carriers with them in RHS.He has been tinkering with recon units and night fighter units for both sides..
I've been so used to CHS/RHS sometimes I forget some of these postings are for vanilla(stock) games, (with all of its' inadequacies).. [;)]
Please don't get the wrong idea from this comment, WITP is the best game dealing with The War in the Pacific, but the reason there are so many mods is because of perceived shortcomings, generally with OOB's.....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI